Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Discuss AVRev.com News (http://www.avrev.com/forum/discuss-avrev-com-news-10/)
-   -   New Marantz 1080P Projector (http://www.avrev.com/forum/discuss-avrev-com-news/491-new-marantz-1080p-projector.html)

Brian 08-22-2007 05:23 PM

New Marantz 1080P Projector

Here is some information from Marantz's website on their new projector that caught my attention. Enjoy!
Brian

VP-15S1 1080p DLP Projector
$9999.99 MSRP
Marantz's 1080P DLP Projector with never before seen performance at this price.
1-chip DLP™ Projector
HDMI 1.3 inputs with Deep Color™ capability
.95 1080p DLP®
Three iris positions by Dual iris optical engine
Vertical Stretch (for use with optional 2.35:1 anamorphic lens kits)
1000 ANSI Lumen Brightness
10000:1 Contrast ratio
Latest GENNUM VXP™ GF9351 video processing
Famous custom optics by Konica-Minolta
5x speed, 6 segment SilentWheelTM color wheel
Vertical Lens Shift
Wide range vertical lens shift

kennyt 08-22-2007 06:08 PM

Re: New Marantz 1080P Projector

I am so amazed at how the front projector market has gone from ultra high priced to better quality and realistic price in just a few years. I feel somewhat bad for the folks who bought high end projectors a few years ago, but am so happy for those whom are looking today! If I could only control lighting at all in my room I would own one now.... Next house has a theater room!

Brian 08-23-2007 09:50 AM

Kenny
Your observations are spot on. Less than a decade agoI was using a 8 inch CRT that retailed for approximately thirty thosand dollars not including the processor, mount etc. I have since had several digital projectors that keep getting better and better. My current Marantz projector cost about half as much as my CRT setup, is much more flexible and puts out a better overall picture (not quite as good when it comes to black levels I admit).

It is also great to see the variety on front projection systems. It is now possible for an enthusiast to get a good, large image for under $5,000 while those who can budget more funds can benefit as well.

Brian

raoc801 12-07-2008 11:44 AM

I Kennyt,

take a look at the planar 8150 it´s an amazing projector for the price,i compare it to other projectors and it was by far the best
image i´ve seen,so i bought one for me.

regards

PalmHarbor 05-26-2009 06:57 AM

I started in 1980 with an Advent Video Beam projection system, then to a Sharp non crt projector, then to a new Yamaha DPX-1
and now with the Marantz...I think the picture would be hard to improve. I have had it for 5 months and I am still impressed.
The unit is physically small and the set up is completely intuitive unlike the Yamaha. It does put out a lot of heat which is
a problem here in hot and humid Florida but I added a fan that works fine.
I recommend Marantz completely. You cannot go wrong.
My yamaha's color wheel went out and it was going to cost me $600 to get it replaced.
Also, tech support is great, located in New Jersey

PalmHarbor 07-24-2009 09:10 AM

Marantz....its simply the best and support is excellent too.