Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 08-13-2007   #1
Administrator

Default MartinLogan Releases The Grotto i – A Servo Controlled Subwoofer

MartinLogan, a Loudspeaker Technology Company, has released the new Grotto i ultimate performance subwoofer. Dramatic bass detail and attack are delivered via Grotto i's advanced servo monitoring and control system, low-mass aluminum element driver, low distortion amp, and highly evolved enclosure technology.

Features Include:
• Simultaneous LFE and 2-Channel Connection
• Rigid, Low-Mass 10-Inch Aluminum Element Woofer
• Servo Monitoring and Control
• Sealed Cabinet Enclosure
• 25Hz Level Control
• 300 Watt / 900 Watt Peak Digital Amplifier
• Precision Low-Pass Filters

From a low-distortion 300 watt (900 watt peak) switching amplifier Grotto i delivers extremely articulate bass. MartinLogan's unique high-performance topology eliminates the need for exaggerated amplifier power ratings, transient-blurring ported or passive radiator enclosures common to so many subwoofers. A proprietary servo monitoring and control system ensures that the woofer output is dramatically free of distortion, resulting in a faithful replica of the audio input signal.

A robust connection and control system allows simultaneous connection of both 2-channel stereo music and multi-channel home theater—and allows each source to have individual crossover and level settings. LFE input effectively uses no low-pass filter, leaving crossover control to the processor. Left/right line level and speaker level inputs integrate six discrete audiophile grade low-pass filters between 30–80Hz allowing a different level and crossover point when playing back two channel music.

RCA output allows multiple Grotto i's to operate in serial. A unique 25Hz level control allows adjustment of system response by ±10dB to eliminate low-frequency build-up or suck-out at problematic bass frequencies common to most rooms. Proprietary ETC spikes couple the sub directly to the floor, minimizing lost energy and allowing tight, well defined bass.

Grotto i is available at MartinLogan ESL Series dealers including independent retailers and mass-market retailers such as Tweeter. Retailing $1,295
AVRevForum.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
applications, audio, bass, controlled, crossover, digitally, drivers, groto, grotto, logan, martin, review, reviews, servo, set, subwoofer, subwoofers