Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 10-08-2009   #1
jbk

Talking Effective Tweaks for HDTV and Sound System

If you are like me, you are constantly looking for ways to improve the sound of you system or improve the picture quality of you HDTV.

Here are a couple of things I've found that work to improve the sound and picture quality of my system.

First a disclaimer: I have no financial interest(s) in the companies or products I've used here just incase anyone asks or thinks I may have. I'm an independent Oracle consultant(living in and looking for work in NJ area)

That aside, here's what I've done:

1. added a PS Noise Harvester. I placed this in the cable box switched outlet. It improved the black, colors and picture quality.

2. added a PS Audio power punch power chord to my Samsung PN50A650 again I see improved black, color and picture quality.

3.added HiFi Noise Destroyer plugged into my APC H15 slight improvement in HDTV but great improvement in my two channel stereo system. Eliminated some of the background noise. Greater separation and placement of instruments. Better imaging/ sound staging. Better voice reproduction. Even my wife was tapping her foot when she was listening with me.

If anyone else has some ideas or recommendations to share why not add to the thread.

By the way, I'm sure that the PS Audio noise harvester would improve the sound of a receiver or surround receive/intergrated amp with an auxilary a/c outlet but I haven't had a chance to test this hypothesis.

Good listening,

JBK
jbk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, hdtv, mitsubishi, pc, power, ps, punch, sound, stereo, surround, system, systems, turn, tweak, tweaks