Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 08-08-2009   #13
wes

Default Re: I have given up on dealers. Does anyone else feel the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
Some brick and mortar dealers just refuse to deal at all. The one I most frequented in Fort Worth was guilty of charging MSRP for everything, all the time, except a few times a year they'd have a 5% off sale. They have great service, but I always had that feeling of being screwed at the register.

Finally, other dealerships started carrying the brands and models I wanted, and were willing to deal - offering regular discounts of 10% - 20% off or more. My old shop in Fort Worth refused to match other brick and mortar prices, and no longer gets my business or any of my friend's business for that reason. But, I guess he really did not need it because the last time I saw him, he was showing everyone his new Ford GT.

My point is that a lot of these guys are just plain greedy, and maybe they deserve to go out of business.
Yes they are greedy and I can't understand why they won't deal especially if it is cash and carry. 5% off please it's like not even the sales tax!! I find many dealers to be arrogant and are always pushing their stuff. I bought three 802D, only one dealer was willing to negotiate, so I drove an hour and gave him my business The local dealer came to my home so I could test a new amp when he saw the 802D he said oh, why didn't you buy them from me to which I responded well I giot the right price for them.

If people where smart they would understand that unless they are willing to negotiate many people will take their business elsewhere.
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #14

Wes,

I sent you a private email on where to get the Y cable. I just want to make sue you got it!
Lefisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009   #15
wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefisc View Post
Wes,

I sent you a private email on where to get the Y cable. I just want to make sue you got it!
Yes thanks
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009   #16

I might have been a bit off my game in not responding well last week. I had asked the question “I have given up on dealers. Does anyone else feel the same”. Well a dealer responded, not a consumer, and I did not address that directly. When you re read his posts you may see the unfriendly and harsh attitude that caused me to make the first post. He did not show any respect for his consumers.

Note how he put down consumers. Apparently, consumer had come into his store and NOT taken his advice. Therefore they were bad people who bought things on the internet. (He even mentions a specific store, one I had not heard of). When he says that they did other bad things, like buy “grey Market” items, he is implying, of course, that they had taken his advice and done something unsavory. How does he know? Why make this assumption?

At no time did he suggest that they DIDN’T take his advice and looked for a similar item elsewhere. Or that shopped, “legitimately (in his world)” for a lower price. He added a layer a “sleeze”. To him they were “Judge Judy watching guy(s) wearing sweat pants in his apartment.” Or he says they don’t “pay a living wage with benefits.” That is not my issue, but how does he know? “Quit going to big box stores and go to your local specialty retailer instead. Most offer price matching for products in common with other local dealers and are more price competitive than you might think.” Seriously, the Big Box Stores like best Buy and PC Richards have, on sale, given me great buys and good service, including returns. My specialty dealers did not give much off anything and rarely ran sales. WE DO NOT NEED TO GIVE EXCUSES FOR TRYING TO SAVE MONEY.

He got upset if a forum, even this forum, had members liking and suggesting other items that he had not recommended. He put down those posters. I like hearing from posters and I do listen to their suggestions. If a few people try and item and like it makes me want to check it out. Also, if enough people complain about something, well, that serves as a warning. I know when I post I try to be as honest as possible. It has become typical for me, and part of the reason for my original post, for dealers to feel they have the only valid opinion, when they ALWAYS promote the products they carry. I have been to a dozen dealers saying that their brand of CDs, Speakers, DVDs are the best. I have also heard dealers say that they wanted to carry a brand they liked but couldn’t, often for contractual reasons.

When shopping for the right product at the right price, FOR ANYTHING, (Stereo, Car, toaster, or shoes) I do not want to be considered the enemy for considering price, convenience, ease of purchase and quality.
Lefisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, called, car, chushfield, dealer, dealers, electronics, end, equipment, high, local, mine, money, numbers, video, wanting