Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Discuss AVRev.com News (http://www.avrev.com/forum/discuss-avrev-com-news-10/)
-   -   Contour Design appoints Nicoll Public Relations as Agency of Record (http://www.avrev.com/forum/discuss-avrev-com-news/2822-contour-design-appoints-nicoll-public-relations-agency-record.html)

NicollPr 11-21-2008 01:19 PM

Contour Design appoints Nicoll Public Relations as Agency of Record

Windham, NH–November 1, 2008–Contour Design, Inc., has announced the appointment of Nicoll Public Relations, Inc., as their agency of record to handle all public relations activities for their Apple iPod® and iPhone™ accessories, laptop sleeves, bags, and Bluetooth® compatible devices.

Contour Design was founded in 1995 by an enthusiastic and passionate team committed to developing high-quality, user-friendly, ergonomic input devices for the computer industry. With the introduction of the Apple iPod, Contour Design became recognized as a leader by quickly introducing designer hardshell cases, thus creating a new functional fashion accessory for the consumer market. Today, Contour Design’s products include their award-winning protective shells for the iPod and iPhone, laptop cases, leather computer bags, and Bluetooth in-ear and in-car accessories available across North America and around the world.

Nicoll Public Relations, Inc., based in Norwood, Massachusetts, is a full-service agency dedicated to public relations and marketing communications for companies engaged in the consumer electronics, specialty audio, home theater, automotive aftermarket, entertainment, and related industries.

Please direct media inquiries to:
Erika Pearson or John Nicoll
Nicoll Public Relations, Inc.
Erika@nicollpr.com
Telephone: (781) 762-9300 Fax (781) 255-7777

For more information about Contour Design, Inc., please visit www.contourdesign.com

iPod is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.
The Bluetooth word mark and logo are registered trademarks and are owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
All rights reserved.

IB-Dick 11-21-2008 03:37 PM

Re: Contour Design appoints Nicoll Public Relations as Agency of Record

These press releases are getting closer and closer to spam.

JerryDelColliano 11-22-2008 02:52 PM

Nicoll PR is a friend of AVRev.com for over 14 years - NOT spammers

Dick,

I know you are somewhat new to the world of AV and all of the relationships that are out there. This business is small with many long standing relationships. Nicoll PR is one of them that has always been important to the success of AVRev.com.

I want to hip you to the fact that Nicoll PR is one of the single most respected PR firms in the business. They rep B&W, Rotel, Classe', SIM2 projectors, Sonance speakers, Meridian and many other lofty clients. They are A-list without question.

I have personally invited them to post on the forum in the past thus this is not SPAM in any way shape or form. Its long tail for Internet Brands and PR for Nicoll's clients. A win-win. Really a win-win-win because the readers find out about new products as I had never heard of this new client. As you know we ALL need new clients. At my new publication I have 5 new clients signed on for 2009. Its the lifeblood of what we are doing in a post-AVRev.com world.

I recommend you make friends with John and Lucette Nicoll. They are about the nicest people and most supportive people you will meet in the business. Without them, its hard to get KEY components for review as well as ad support that I BUILT the sites on. Bryan Dailey can give you the number if you want.

All the best!!!!

Jerry

IB-Dick 11-22-2008 03:55 PM

Re: Nicoll PR is a friend of AVRev.com for over 14 years - NOT spammers

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano (Post 18887)
Dick,

I know you are somewhat new to the world of AV and all of the relationships that are out there. This business is small with many long standing relationships. Nicoll PR is one of them that has always been important to the success of AVRev.com.

I want to hip you to the fact that Nicoll PR is one of the single most respected PR firms in the business. They rep B&W, Rotel, Classe', SIM2 projectors, Sonance speakers, Meridian and many other lofty clients. They are A-list without question.

I have personally invited them to post on the forum in the past thus this is not SPAM in any way shape or form. Its long tail for Internet Brands and PR for Nicoll's clients. A win-win. Really a win-win-win because the readers find out about new products as I had never heard of this new client. As you know we ALL need new clients. At my new publication I have 5 new clients signed on for 2009. Its the lifeblood of what we are doing in a post-AVRev.com world.

I recommend you make friends with John and Lucette Nicoll. They are about the nicest people and most supportive people you will meet in the business. Without them, its hard to get KEY components for review as well as ad support that I BUILT the sites on. Bryan Dailey can give you the number if you want.

All the best!!!!

Jerry

Thanks for the information. An explanation was all I needed. If I was convinced it was spam, I would have just deleted it.

JerryDelColliano 11-22-2008 06:07 PM

Just trying to help

I was just trying to help you understand the dynamic of how the industry works. It can be quirky sometimes. A real "boys club" and you need to know who is who. Nicoll PR is a big deal in my opinion.

I didn't mean to offend you in any way.

If you are looking for work to do on the forum - there seem to be MANY recent reported posts of actual spam (Cell phone ads etc...) that can easily be deleted. I am sure the readers would like that. My moderator status was taken away from me with no notice so I can't fix the problems anymore. Perhaps you have already deleted them. I am not sure.

Have a great weekend.

Jerry

IB-Dick 11-24-2008 08:43 AM

Re: Just trying to help

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano (Post 18891)
I was just trying to help you understand the dynamic of how the industry works. It can be quirky sometimes. A real "boys club" and you need to know who is who. Nicoll PR is a big deal in my opinion.

I didn't mean to offend you in any way.

If you are looking for work to do on the forum - there seem to be MANY recent reported posts of actual spam (Cell phone ads etc...) that can easily be deleted. I am sure the readers would like that. My moderator status was taken away from me with no notice so I can't fix the problems anymore. Perhaps you have already deleted them. I am not sure.

Have a great weekend.

Jerry

No worries, I wasn't offended. I searched the user's other posts and it appeared that all that was getting posted was press releases. While I agree with you that it's great information to have on the site, my concern is that it's not original content.

If you Google the title of this thread here, you'll see that there are a bunch of places where it was posted, meaning that we have duplicate content.