Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 08-25-2008   #1
Administrator

Default McIntosh Offers Trade-Up Program on McIntosh Gear

McIntosh Laboratory is reaffirming its commitment to its discriminating customers and its confidence in the superior quality of its products with a new expanded version of its popular “Trade-UP” Incentive Program for 2008. For a limited time, the program gives owners of many McIntosh® products – regardless of the product’s age – an easy way to upgrade their McIntosh components to current models.

By visiting participating McIntosh dealers, consumers may trade in McIntosh stereo power amplifiers, preamplifiers, integrated amplifiers or receivers (in working condition) and receive up to 75% of its original MSRP toward a brand new current McIntosh product. (McIntosh Monoblock amplifier models are also eligible, but only when traded in and sold in pairs.)

The Trade-UP Incentive Program is designed to reward loyal McIntosh customers who value products that feature American craftsmanship, dependability, timeless style, and enduring value. To qualify for the program, all trade-ins must be functional and maintain their original design. For more information, please visit www.mcintoshlabs.com .

Bob Weissburg, President of McIntosh parent company D&M Holdings North America, noted: “With the launch of the Trade-UP incentive program in 2007, we were pleased – although not surprised – to learn that many McIntosh customers all over the country are proud owners of products that they’ve been using and cherishing for many years. The vast majority of these products still work just as well as the day they were purchased. The fact is, many McIntosh products not only withstand the test of time, but also actually retain, or even increase in value over the years. Last year’s Trade-UP program allowed people to trade-in their McIntosh amplifiers, and this year we’re pleased to expand it to include a broader range of our luxury products.”

Mr. Weissburg continued: “People who own McIntosh equimpment understand and appreciate the unique attributes of their products, in terms of performance, overall build quality and enduring value. Not surprisingly, this makes our customers extremely loyal to our brand. By expanding our Trade-UP program, we’re not only rewarding our customers for their loyalty and support, but we’re communicating and underscoring the unique lasting value that our products offer to discriminating home entertainment enthusiasts everywhere.”

McIntosh is promoting the Trade-UP Program offer on its web site and is encouraging its participating dealers to do the same on their web sites. This offer is valid only in the U.S. and Canada.
AVRevForum.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008   #2

Default Re: McIntosh Offers Trade-Up Program on McIntosh Gear

Now what other manufacturer of high-end audio gear can make this claim?

Go McIntosh!!!

Jeremy

The Kipnis Studios
www.Kipnis-Studios.com

Video Calibration Labs
www.VideoCalibration.com

Epiphany Recordings Ltd.
www.EpiphanyRecordings.com

----------

KSS DL.TV Video Feature (NEW)
http://www.kipnis-studios.com/The_Ki...TV_-_6_08.html
The Kipnis Studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #3

Unless you have an out-dated pre/pro, you would probably not do this which is why McIntosh makes the offer. I know I will never "trade-in" my Mac amps.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #4

Its a good deal.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009   #5

Default MC2102 Tube for a MC402 Transistor

I'm presently in the process of exchanging a MC2102 Tube Power Amp for a MC402 Transistorized Power Amplifier via the McIntosh Trade-Up Program. Hopefully the deal will go through.

The reason behind this is: I have two system, one Home Theater and one 2 channels stereo and I want to merge both systems.
My 2 channels Sterreo is almost never playing as the Home Theater is so good now so I had to take a though decision.
A tube Amp is not convenient (also cost of operation) to listen to FM Radio and Home Theater.
I decided to let go the tubes after many years of happy listening, hopefully I will not regret it.

Last edited by Mcintosh Man; 05-12-2009 at 07:53 PM..
Mcintosh Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009   #6

Default Re: MC2102 Tube for a MC402 Transistor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcintosh Man View Post
I'm presently in the process of exchanging a MC2102 Tube Power Amp for a MC402 Transistorized Power Amplifier via the McIntosh Trade-Up Program. Hopefully the deal will go through.

The reason behind this is: I have two system, one Home Theater and one 2 channels stereo and I want to merge both systems.
My 2 channels Sterreo is almost never playing as the Home Theater is so good now so I had to take a though decision.
A tube Amp is not convenient (also cost of operation) to listen to FM Radio and Home Theater.
I decided to let go the tubes after many years of happy listening, hopefully I will not regret it.
The MC402 is a great amp. I think you'll be happy with it when you get it.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
75, amplifier, audio, ct, dealers, forum, gear, macintosh, mcintosh, participating, program, stereo, terms, trade, tradein, tradeup