Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 05-22-2009   #7

Default Re: McIntosh Offers Trade-Up Program on McIntosh Gear

I bought my first McIntosh product in 1976 and later expanded it and then shortly afterwards I entered into retirement. Still wanting to remain with McIntosh for my audio equipment but now being on a reduced fixed income, I then bought a total McIntosh component system including four surround speakers and a sub-woofer but from AudioClassics. When this promotion first appeared last year, I enquired about trading-in my MX-130 pre-amplifier for the more recent MX-120 from a local McIntosh dealer, who took down all the details and was supposed to get back to me. I never heard from him again.

So, as far as I am concerned, it matters not that it still remains a McIntosh product no matter how you acquire it, be it from a McIntosh dealer, AudioClassics or from another McIntosh aficionado, McIntosh can be rather disingenuous when it comes down to recognising who essentially their customers really are. I quite frankly regard it all as a betrayal.
HDAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009   #8

Default Re: McIntosh Offers Trade-Up Program on McIntosh Gear

Guess what ? Seems that the MX130, which I have always regarded as being my 'preamplifier', is actually named by McIntosh as an A/V Tuner Control, while others in the trade still refer to it as a Remote Control Preamplifier, and as such, does not qualify under the current McIntosh Trade-In Program terms. So sadly I have come to the end of the road with McIntosh, for when the McIntosh 'dealer' did not bother to respond last year, I eventually acquired a Pioneer Elite VSX -94TXH A/V Receiver to go with my Pioneer Elite Kuro Plasma HDTV, which has effectively relegated the McIntosh almost into retirement anyway. I was on the other hand prepared to sell the 94TXH if it were possible to do a trade for the MX120/136 under the program, but that's it. All my McIntosh components and speakers might just as well go up for sale ASAP.

To those of you who still remain McIntosh aficionados, you maybe interested to learn that a MX130 and $7,500Cdn will get you a MX120, and the MX130 plus $9,500Cdn will get you the MX136.

These Marketing types really have a way with weasel words, don't they ? The MX120 is described by McIntosh as an A/V Control Centre, and so it turns out that while you can trade for a MX120 with a preamplifier, you cannot trade with an older version of an A/V Control Centre.
HDAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009   #9

Default McIntosh Offers Trade-Up Program MC-402

Just to let you know that it's a done deal

I have traded a Power Amplifier MC-2102 for a MC-402.

It was a long process, about 2 months, but it was worth the wait.

Eventhough it's still under soaking the amplifier sounds just great!

Last edited by Mcintosh Man; 06-21-2009 at 09:46 PM..
Mcintosh Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
75, amplifier, audio, ct, dealers, forum, gear, macintosh, mcintosh, participating, program, stereo, terms, trade, tradein, tradeup