Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 07-12-2007   #7

Default Re: Revel Ships Ultima Salon2 Loudpeakers

I love my Studio's. The version two will have to be significantly better for me to consider upgrading. Obviously Revel thinks they are. I look forward to giving them a spin. Are they just shipping the Salons or the whole new product line?
http://modernhometheater.com/
http://www.avrevforum.com/
Audiogeek_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #8
jwt

I would agree with audiogeek and utbaa above, given the cost of buying new, the updated speakers would have to be more than incrementally better than the original versions. Although you either loved or hated the look of the original Ultima series, they were eye-catching in appearance. I have no doubt that the new speakers sound wonderful, but from the pictures I've seen, they look like 85% of the speakers on the market - drivers in a box. Although form follows function, I would have expected something a little different from this company. Nonetheless, I'm sure it will be a successful line of speakers. As for me, I'm keeping my piano black/rosewood Studios and Voice.
jwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007   #9

Wilson has successfully sold improved versions of their WATT PUPPY speakers that range from modest to pretty dramatic in terms of changes. This has resulted in the most successful speaker of this genre ever.

The fact is SOME people will buy the speakers if they are better, are looking for something new or a new buzz? Others (like my Dad who sits on 15 year old WP3.2's at his house) think the old ones are good enough.

Personally, I lease a new car every three years. I like the fun (and smell) of something new. I bet there are a lot of people who will too when it comes to the Revels. Watch in 6 months how many of my editorial staff have them. I bet its 1/2 dozen.
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, b15a, francisco, glazer, mark, measurements, puppy, revel, salon, salon2, san, serie, ultima, versu, watt