Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Discuss AVRev.com News (http://www.avrev.com/forum/discuss-avrev-com-news-10/)
-   -   Meridian Thinks Different About Home Theater (http://www.avrev.com/forum/discuss-avrev-com-news/213-meridian-thinks-different-about-home-theater.html)

NicollPr 06-27-2007 12:30 PM

Meridian Thinks Different About Home Theater

DVD Surround Receiver System Shows Innovative Concepts from Top to Bottom

Meridian Audio, a creator of digital home theater, is pleased to announce the US launch of the G95 DVD Surround Receiver. The G95 is a high performance audio and video component that plays CD, DVD, and AM/FM radio, and produces 5.1-channel surround sound using Meridian’s latest digital amplifier technology. Consumers know they’re getting something special in the G95, which is rich in craftsmanship and packed with the latest digital technology. The hand-built G95 is designed and manufactured entirely by Meridian at its facility in Cambridgeshire, UK, and bears the stamp of Meridian cofounder Bob Stuart both inside and out.

This year, Meridian will celebrate its 30th anniversary—three decades of delivering to market innovative, beautifully crafted products. Meridian introduced the first audiophile CD player in 1984, and today remains the acknowledged leader in digital audio; the G95 is the culmination of over two decades of reference-quality digital design. Listening to music or watching movies via the G95 will reveal transparency, ambience, and detail that most consumers have never before experienced. Meridian’s proprietary processing, world-renowned for its subtle, organic reproduction of natural-acoustic music, is the “heart” of the G95.

The G95 processes video images using both Meridian and Faroudja technology, and outputs them via HDMI, the latest, all-digital audio/video connection format. From the HDMI output, the G95’s video processing can deliver 1080p images as well as the full range of video resolutions, including 1080i, 720p, and 480p, and convert/scale signals from any of its analog-video inputs for maximum resolution. The G95 also uses a single HDMI cable to link to the display device—a simple digital path. (For systems lacking HDMI display connectivity, the Meridian routes upscaled signals, as well as pass-through 1080i, through its analog component-video output.)

The Meridian G95 outputs five channels of superb, dynamically robust, high-current amplification carefully engineered to power a 5.1-channel surround system to the highest standard of sound quality. The G95 delivers 100 watts to all channels, individually or simultaneously, in any combination. It also includes line-level outputs for all channels, permitting outboard power amplifiers to contribute higher power, or the user to expand a surround system beyond 5.1 channels.

The Meridian G95 DVD Surround Receiver is assembled on an all-metal chassis using the finest components available, and finished in Meridian’s elegant black-and-silver design. It is supplied with Meridian’s proprietary MSR+ tabletop system remote controller. The Meridian G95 is now shipping at a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $8,495.

For more information and high resolution photography please visit the Meridian Media Center:
Meridian Media Centre.

Meridian G95 DVD Surround Receiver. MSRP: $8,495

deacongreg 07-03-2007 12:02 PM

Re: Meridian Thinks Different About Home Theater

There is room for a product like this. Though, to a degree, I`m still old school and still believe separates are better, when companies like Sunfire, Denon, and now Meridian, make high quality receivers like this, I do not have a problem.

Why? Because with companies like these, you know that the build, craftmanship,and quality are first rate.
My only issue with this new Meidian product is the price. For a lot less, you can get more power and features. But, good job Meridian!!

kennyt 07-03-2007 07:08 PM

I have seen this unit, haven't yet gotten to hear it, but am dying to play with it! To my mind it is the coolest single box theater made. It isn't cheap, no Meridian gear is, but you get what you pay for with them, thus the reason so many of us @ AVRev.com use their gear for our personal reference systems.

JerryDelColliano 07-06-2007 02:23 PM

This thing is built like a brick **** house. Really killer. I would totaly have one.

I saw it at CES and it is killer. High end home theater in one chasis.