Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 07-11-2008   #43

Default Re: Kaleidescape and Toshiba Claim 1080p Upscaling Players Rival Blu-ray

this subject is hotly debated on others forums,in fact one forum is up to 150 pages!right now all you can say is wait till this sr hits the market,then make your judgement.
toshbia is blowing smoke right now,and one issue is audio and video sync.one thing,this is not upconvert technology,this sr,if its even works will ''look like'' hd,in fact nasa has been using it for years.,but this what toshbia claims!
to me ,it won't work with moving images,but still images does look ''hd''.its done by layering 9 frames together,how that is suppose to work i have no idea.it will use mpeg2,just like dvd,and its a post process,but you'll need a new player to get sr,or [suc].my main point is people think this is upconvert technology,its not,it is a atemp by toshbia to take a sd dvd and make it look hd.sounds wild to me to,but then so did hd dvd and blu-ray back in 2000.just for the record i'll support blu-ray true 1080p hdm.this reminds me back in the lp record days they took a song that was recorded in mono and in post production made it stereo.we called it fake stereo and thats what it sounded like,so may be the case with sr[suc]

Last edited by tvine2000; 07-11-2008 at 08:32 AM..
tvine2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #44

Default Re: Kaleidescape and Toshiba Claim 1080p Upscaling Players Rival Blu-ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Moritz View Post
IMHO Toshiba is acting like a spoiled little brat that did not get its way. They lost and now they are going to stomp there foot on the ground and say "I refuse to offer a Blu-ray player, I refuse to offer a Blu-ray player".

So instead of taking there lumps and then offering a Blu-ray player they think it is better to try any undermine the company that beat them. Because if Toshiba can not have there royalties from DVD and HD-DVD then they do not want Sony to profit from Blu-ray if Toshiba can help it. Now honestly is this the way a company acts to preserve its honor in Japan? Because I am sure there are plenty of Japanese companies that are ashamed. The only thing Toshiba is going to do is to cause other CE companies to back away and not want anything to do with Toshiba. Toshiba needs to co-exist with the other CE companies and who is going to want to deal with Toshiba with them acting the way they are.

I was going to upgrade my HD-A1 even though HD-DVD lost but after seeing how Toshiba is hell bent on hurting Blu-ray. I will drop that purchase and I will not even give a Toshiba 1080p display the chance of ending up in my HT. I will be looking to upgrade my current HDTV to a bigger display that is a native 1080p. So not only is Toshiba going to loose the sale of upgrading my HD-DVD player but I will not buy a Toshiba 1080p display. And I will not buy another Toshiba product and will not recommend any Toshiba products to anyone else.

I heard rumors that some thought Toshiba was going to do a scorched earth tactic when it realized that it lost the HD war. And if this is the way Toshiba is going to behave and treat other CE companies. Then I do not need to make another purchase of anymore Toshiba products!
you relize toshiba is also trying to keep dvd going because of royalities they get for every dvd sold
Old 07-11-2008   #45

When did Toshiba say it would not be offering a Blu-ray player? I must have missed it.
faberryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #46

I support High Quality High Definition Sources, no matter where they come from.

And if ABC (and others) could really get us free 1080p episodes of LOST (and others) via streaming internet download (without frame drops or visible compression), than we would really be talking!

Jeremy

The Kipnis Studios
www.Kipnis-Studios.com

Video Calibration Labs
www.VideoCalibration.com

Epiphany Recordings Ltd.
www.EpiphanyRecordings.com

----------

KSS DL.TV Video Feature (NEW)
http://www.kipnis-studios.com/The_Ki...TV_-_6_08.html
The Kipnis Studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by faberryman View Post
When did Toshiba say it would not be offering a Blu-ray player? I must have missed it.
they made that clear at the same time they dumped hd dvd.
i'm sure they have something on the drawing boards to make a blu-ray player,but they said they have no plans to jump in the bd game anytime soon,if ever.
dumb,if you ask me,and they should get rid of any people who was their during the war.
there seems to be some bitterness around blu-ray.if they are bitter,they should direct that bitterness at the studio's,not the format.is this something to do with honer and pride.what ever reason its bad business,maybe some new blood should be running toshbia.
Old 07-15-2008   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl The Duke View Post
No matter what happens, I will support both Sony and Toshiba. Some forget that there are blue-collar folks with families that work for that paycheck at Toshiba to survive. To say, "I won't support Toshiba anymore" is just as childish. It is not those little people's fault. I will support both. I know that the big wheels are being a little immature with this, "I won't support Blu-Ray" bull, but I refuse to punish the working class there.
are you going to support the car company's in the usa because they are laying off ''little people'' and closing other small factory's that make their products.
are you going to support your company if they lay you off,after you have given them 100%,of your life.loyality has a limit.you forget this is corpate america.they buy factory's do little to improve working conditions,pay as little as they can,make their money and when the money runs out,they sell and bail out,and leave us high and dry.why should i support any of them.greed is what drives them,people have little value to them.did not toshbia bail out on hd dvd,didn't their marketing suck with hd dvd.blu-ray did what they had to do to win.
do you think when hd dvd lost... jobs were lost,blue collar workers,little people.!i support blu-ray not any company,because lay off's and jobs lost seem to becoming a part of life...it sucks,and more are coming.
Sponsored Links

Tags
1080p, 24p, better, blu, bluray, dvdo, is, kaleidescape, mount, player, rack, ray, technology, upscaler, upscaling