Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 07-09-2008   #37
wes

Default Re: Kaleidescape and Toshiba Claim 1080p Upscaling Players Rival Blu-ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Moritz View Post
IMHO Toshiba is acting like a spoiled little brat that did not get its way. They lost and now they are going to stomp there foot on the ground and say "I refuse to offer a Blu-ray player, I refuse to offer a Blu-ray player".!
I guess Toshiba likes pain too bad they will take an other beating.
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008   #38

Default Re: Kaleidescape and Toshiba Claim 1080p Upscaling Players Rival Blu-ray

sure,i think toshiba is like a child do not accepted the reality,blu ray discmeans sony is a winner and sony has launched the blu ray ver.2.0 in playstation3 and some models blu ray machine all the company's in japan if never loose the honor right but anyway toshiba is loose the honor already to make the abort of nature hddvd,i think toshiba try to revibe hddvd encarnation again with dvd format 1080p upscale but in my own i say nuts to do that i recommended toshiba continues to make a updated the hddvd machine existent that's it last updated is december,2007 to febrary 2008,people i say sony has the 85% of buisness in the world i hope is not coming another technology or another format to try to declare the war to sony like microsoft [ bill gate is retired ] ok but doesn't matter microsoft try to make another format in the near future,i invite folks to research or search more information to the new format to try a make microsoft like 1440p it's ridiculous refer january 2008 in the different audiophile and home theather magazine or another forums for discuss this theme,i don't know and i can't remember.??????????
luisranger2bn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #39

Quote:
Actually, film is stored at 24p (on BD and HD-DVD) because it originated in that form (24 frames per second) and this takes up less space than 30p (24 film frames + 12 duplicated fields created during the 2:3 pull-up process)!
Yes, but I was contrasting that with DVD. On DVD no redundant information is stored for 24 fps film material either... but rather than storing the film-based signal in native 24p form, on DVD it's parsed into fields and stored in "48 fields per second" form with flags to identify field pairs that represent frames... 3-2 pulldown instructions are also included for MPEG decoders to produce conventional 60 Hz NTSC output.

But the primary difference that I was pointing to was that to generate progressive output from DVD from film material you have to rely on proper flags to identify frame pairs or you have to recognize 3-2 cadence after MPEG decoding. With HD DVD and BD, however, the actual "frame" is stored as a frame rather than split into fields so no additional processing needs to be devoted on the decoding/output side to generate a progressive output (but again, in both cases of DVD and BD/HD DVD, film material is stored without redundant field/frames to made the most efficient use of space).
DaViD Boulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #40

Yes, I totally concur.

Jeremy

The Kipnis Studios
www.Kipnis-Studios.com

Video Calibration Labs
www.VideoCalibration.com

Epiphany Recordings Ltd.
www.EpiphanyRecordings.com

----------

KSS DL.TV Video Feature (NEW)
http://www.kipnis-studios.com/The_Ki...TV_-_6_08.html
The Kipnis Studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #41

they are trying to justify there outrageous expense for the unit. you would be better off just buying a stand alone bluray player and waiting until someone comes up with a true 1080p recording device.
rs350z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #42

No matter what happens, I will support both Sony and Toshiba. Some forget that there are blue-collar folks with families that work for that paycheck at Toshiba to survive. To say, "I won't support Toshiba anymore" is just as childish. It is not those little people's fault. I will support both. I know that the big wheels are being a little immature with this, "I won't support Blu-Ray" bull, but I refuse to punish the working class there.
Earl The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
1080p, 24p, better, blu, bluray, dvdo, is, kaleidescape, mount, player, rack, ray, technology, upscaler, upscaling