Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 05-19-2008   #49

Default Re: Next Gen, HDMI 1.3 Receivers Slow To Market – Do You Really Need Them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
I am seriously thinking about that burning a $1000 and wait a year until Classé has the SSP-800 with all new codec
Wes,

What is the ball park cost for the Classé SSP-800 ?
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #50
wes

Cool Re: Next Gen, HDMI 1.3 Receivers Slow To Market – Do You Really Need Them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i30krab View Post
Wes,

What is the ball park cost for the Classé SSP-800 ?
$8000 today! They start shipping end of May and have a serious back log already! Who says the economy is slowing?
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008   #51

Default Re: Next Gen, HDMI 1.3 Receivers Slow To Market – Do You Really Need Them?

Quote:
$8000 today! They start shipping end of May and have a serious back log already! Who says the economy is slowing?
Thanks for the info but "I don't think so!"

I can think of many other ways to blow 8 grand.
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #52

Quote:
I am seriously thinking about that burning a $1000 and wait a year until Classé has the SSP-800 with all new codec
Wes,

Their are a few Rotel SSP 1066's for sale on Audiogon from $599-700. I would STRONGLY advicse you not to drop a grand into this unit now. If you sold it for even $500, and put a the $1K into the Integra DTC 9.8, you'd be current for a few years if need be and then the Integra would still be worth most of what you had into it, maybe $1,000-1,200.

IF you drop a grand into the Rotel, it will likely only be worth a few hundred dollars, if you can even sell it in a few years as it is dated now, and as more and more current rigs come out, yours will only continue to drop in value, despite the upgrades.

Just my 0.02, but having been in the trading business for years, and having a problem with pre/pro's, I can tell you my guesses are likely pretty accurate, you'll lose less by dumping the Rotel now for what you can get and buying the Integra until the dust settles. If you are lucky and Classe' gets the codecs soon, then you will lose even less on the Integra and get a good baseline to compare the Classe' to for the new codecs....
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #53
wes

Cool Re: Next Gen, HDMI 1.3 Receivers Slow To Market – Do You Really Need Them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Wes, Their are a few Rotel SSP 1066's for sale on Audiogon from $599-700. I would STRONGLY advise you not to drop a grand into this unit now. If you sold it for even $500, and put a the $1K into the Integra DTC 9.8, you'd be current for a few years if need be and then the Integra would still be worth most of what you had into it, maybe $1,000-1,200.
Forget Rotel, made in China, overpriced and cheap.
I would rather buy an Onkyo TX-SR606 ($599 MSRP), made in Japan, and use it in an other room after.

But maybe I might not have to wait much longer Classé started shipping the SSP-800.

Last edited by wes; 05-20-2008 at 02:37 PM..
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #54

I just spent most of today setting up the new Denon AVP... got all the wiring done in about an hour despite my lack of motivation, the setup is a little more cumbersome, maybe I should have read the manual before trying to fly by the seat of my pants??
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
13, 13a, 13b, audio, bypass, classe, hdmi, pre, pro, receiver, receivers, recievers, sale, ssp800, switching