Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 05-22-2008   #61

Smile Re: Next Gen, HDMI 1.3 Receivers Slow To Market Do You Really Need Them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I'm never going to be able to test everything, this thing is so feature packed it is scary! I actually sat down with the manual today, read it cover to cover and took two pages of notes!!

I am more interested in how it sounds for D-Link vs MC Analog in, but I'll see what I casn do to test the HDMI as well as it is only a swap in the setup menu.
yOU SAID A LOT RIGHT THERE KENNY. tHE FACT THAT IT IS FEATURED PACKED, IT IS GREAT THING. tHAT is what you and I have been talking about lately with the Denon and the Integra. So, when we think of yours and Jerry`s Meridian, and a unit like the ML 502, like the Marvin Gaye tune, It makes me wanna Holler how they do my life!!!
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008   #62

Default Re: Next Gen, HDMI 1.3 Receivers Slow To Market Do You Really Need Them?

In case you did not understand what I meant, am saying that, how can ML and Meridan not have all that you need.
Old 05-28-2008   #63

Default Re: Next Gen, HDMI 1.3 Receivers Slow To Market Do You Really Need Them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
how can ML and Meridan not have all that you need.
Jerry and I have been having long talks about 'what' we need, and right now we both do not know!!! I am amazed that even we don't know what is best to buy now, and this is with our seriously upper end 'budget'. I REALLY hope it all shakes out by CEDIA, and top makers have something to show, no review for us as I am still kind of thinking the Integra DTC 9.8 might be the thing to buy as a 'for now' piece and for what it costs you could throw it out (though it will surely still have value) if need be once the dust settles.

I bought the Denon, maybe this was smart, maybe not.

Time will tell, but soon Jerry and I will have phone bills that offset any cost savings in our quest for audio nirvana and our new pre/pro's!!!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #64

Thumbs up Re: Next Gen, HDMI 1.3 Receivers Slow To Market Do You Really Need Them?

That is some pretty deep phone bills. Its good you bought the Denon. Though, we all know that the Integra is proven, a great value, a sonic stunner for the money, and everyone loves it, since you are now reviewing the Denon, I think it makes good sense.

And even for further reviews, testing other HT gear, and for yourself, you NOW have what you NEED. Until, the smoke does clear, or our esoteric brethren finally get themselves together.
Sponsored Links

Tags
13, 13a, 13b, audio, bypass, classe, hdmi, pre, pro, receiver, receivers, recievers, sale, ssp800, switching