Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 05-20-2008   #55

Default Re: Next Gen, HDMI 1.3 Receivers Slow To Market Do You Really Need Them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I just spent most of today setting up the new Denon AVP... got all the wiring done in about an hour despite my lack of motivation, the setup is a little more cumbersome, maybe I should have read the manual before trying to fly by the seat of my pants??
Yes setting up the AVP is pretty complex, and actually learning how to work it all is a feat unto itself. But after most of the main settings are dialed in, and after you've had a chance to actually use it for a while things get a bit easier. But even with me, heck I've had mine for about 2 1/2 months now and I'm still learning how to do things. There is a lot to this preamp.

One thing to note is that the 2 channel setup menu options are totally independent from the rest of it. And to get sound from your sub as well as your mains for 2 channel using Direct and Pure Direct, you need to select Main+LFE. I have my mains set to large.

Seth
Z Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #56

Default Re: Next Gen, HDMI 1.3 Receivers Slow To Market Do You Really Need Them?

Seth,

Ironically, it took me a very short time to connect the system, much of my time was going back and forth with my Harmony remote as the codes for sources are all screwed up on Harmony's website!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #57
wes

Cool Re: Next Gen, HDMI 1.3 Receivers Slow To Market Do You Really Need Them?

Quote:
Seth, Ironically, it took me a very short time to connect the system, much of my time was going back and forth with my Harmony remote as the codes for sources are all screwed up on Harmony's website!
Ken, Have you hooked up the Denon yet and how does it sound?
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
Ken, Have you hooked up the Denon yet and how does it sound?
I have but I always try to hold of judging a piece until it is burned in some, watched some films and played some GTA IV today as well as rocking some DVD-A via the Denon 5910CI using the D-Link II.
Old 05-21-2008   #59

Quote:
...as well as rocking some DVD-A via the Denon 5910CI using the D-Link II.
I'd be very curious to read if you could hear any difference in performance of DVD-A or SACD when connected with Denon-Link vs. HDMI.
CharlyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlyD View Post
I'd be very curious to read if you could hear any difference in performance of DVD-A or SACD when connected with Denon-Link vs. HDMI.
I'm never going to be able to test everything, this thing is so feature packed it is scary! I actually sat down with the manual today, read it cover to cover and took two pages of notes!!

I am more interested in how it sounds for D-Link vs MC Analog in, but I'll see what I casn do to test the HDMI as well as it is only a swap in the setup menu.
Sponsored Links

Tags
13, 13a, 13b, audio, bypass, classe, hdmi, pre, pro, receiver, receivers, recievers, sale, ssp800, switching