Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Discuss AVRev.com News (http://www.avrev.com/forum/discuss-avrev-com-news-10/)
-   -   AVRev.com gets a face lift (http://www.avrev.com/forum/discuss-avrev-com-news/1793-avrev-com-gets-face-lift.html)

Robinson_A 04-01-2008 01:54 PM

AVRev.com gets a face lift

Everyone,

Please be sure to stop by the site that started it all, AVRev.com and check out the new look and user interface. Please feel free to comment about the new look here.

Also, please join me in saying thank you to Scott, our internet guru at the office, and everyone at AVRev.com for their countless hours of hard work and effort in making today's launch a good one. I can tell you that today's launch was an undertaking of epic proportions as Scott and Bryan basically retooled over a decade's worth of content to make the new site more user friendly. While there may be a few bugs here and there I couldn't be happier with the new site and know that as the weeks progress it will only get better. Be sure to take note of AVRev.com's new quick review format. We will continue to bring you feature reviews each and every month but in order to meet everyone's needs we'll be expanding our review format to include quick reviews. Think about quick reviews as the Reader's Digest version of a feature review. So, please enjoy and tell us what you think.

deacongreg 04-01-2008 04:46 PM

Re: AVRev.com gets a face lift

Listen,

Congratulations to all you guys. Really!!!!!! What a fresh new look for 2008. Neat, clean, cool, and lacking for words, can I say luxurious!! Yes. I have not found really anything yet to complain about. But, I`m going back to it now.

However, you guys work real hard, its been nothing but a pleasure being part of the forum. From the first day I e-mailed Jerry to comment on a review. That is how it all started with me. Jerry would give his feedback, and hear we are today. The best to you all.

TheMoose 04-01-2008 06:30 PM

I like it, very clean & straight forward, easy to navigate around.

I especially like the review archive.

I didn't realize I hadn't registered there before, but I am now!!

kloneman 04-01-2008 07:36 PM

Site Looks good.

A few nits on the layout of the equipment reviews section.

(1) There is a blue title bar that contains the text "Title:" and no content. The actual title text appears several lines above this bar (above the search utility and the "What's in this section" area). I believe the bar should be moved to the top, and the text "Title:" replaced with the text of the section name. Alternatively, the bar can be left in its current location to divide the items at the top from the reviews, but if this is done, remove the text within the bar.

(2) The body text of each review begins with the lone word "Introduction" and a space, followed by the actual text of the review. It appears to me that the first word is part of a tag that is incorrectly served.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robinson_A (Post 13469)
Everyone,

Please be sure to stop by the site that started it all, AVRev.com and check out the new look and user interface. Please feel free to comment about the new look here.

Also, please join me in saying thank you to Scott, our internet guru at the office, and everyone at AVRev.com for their countless hours of hard work and effort in making today's launch a good one. I can tell you that today's launch was an undertaking of epic proportions as Scott and Bryan basically retooled over a decade's worth of content to make the new site more user friendly. While there may be a few bugs here and there I couldn't be happier with the new site and know that as the weeks progress it will only get better. Be sure to take note of AVRev.com's new quick review format. We will continue to bring you feature reviews each and every month but in order to meet everyone's needs we'll be expanding our review format to include quick reviews. Think about quick reviews as the Reader's Digest version of a feature review. So, please enjoy and tell us what you think.

JerryDelColliano 04-01-2008 08:05 PM

Thank you to my staff!!!!

I must share with you the EPIC level of work my staff put into this project. 8 months and 100's of hours.

Andrew's help with the graphic design was an incredible start.

Adrienne's new quick reviews has added depth to the site never before seen on the network (check the HDTV section as we have more flat HDTV reviews than ever) and will have a FULL compliment of Media Center PCs next month and Remotes after that. Expect 100's of additional reviews for your subscription dollar (AKA: free - the way we have always beaten the print mags and ALWAYS WILL). Also check Ken Taraszka's furniture quick reviews which are going live soon. We have never had them before nor did we have space.

Bryan's work on the database has been ongoing. We will have an ALL NEW system live in a matter of weeks that will be more "gentle" on the ISPs and way way way beyond CAN SPAM Act compliant.

But the unsung hero of this project is Scott Selter. This man has worked his ASS OFF. 10 hours per day. Weekends. Project management. Everything. Scott single handedly put EVERY one of our 8500 archival pages in its place and into the new database. He manages the CSS and CMS ALL while running the content of AVRev.com and ModernHomeTheater.com. Scott is a stud an everyone should know about his work.

EVERYONE on my staff contributed to this project and I want to thank them all. There are bugs still in the works but the launch went more smoothly than we all expected. We will be fine tuning things for months to come but count on this - AVREV.com is now better and will continue to get better month in and month out. Print is dead. "Free is the new media" as my father says.

Enjoy!!!!

Sincerely,

Jerry