Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 03-18-2008   #31

Default Re: Pioneer Looks Toward LCD as Kuro Project Leads to Losses

No different model it is the 768p version. I wouldn't ever consider anything less than 1080p to replace my 1080i set.
PRO-630HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Yep, listed as $1,200 off, usual price $3,499. I almost went to buy one!
Just curious, where exactly did you see the ad regardless of the model#? I couldn't find it.

And just a side note, I've had my Pioneer 60" kuro for 2 months and I swear the picture is getting better with more hours of use.

Last night I was watching John Adams on HDTV over Cox cable. when they ran the credits using only black and white I couldn't believe the clarity of the white letters. there was no degradation at the interstice of the colors, they were perfect.
I am extremely happy with this plasma!
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #33

I was speaking to one of the main Pioneer dealers in this city today. He said ...

1. The 9G series of plasmas will be built entirely by Pioneer. They should start appearing in the fall. The Panasonic announcement is for next year's models.
2. Panasonic will be producing plasmas using Pioneer's specifications ... specifications that Pioneer has the rights to.

So, basically nothing changes. Pioneer will still be selling the same high quality plasmas this year and beyond ... argueably the best in the industry.

I hope to be able to pick up a 60" KURO Elite model (what ever supercedes the 150FD) before Christmas ... which will be my first ever non-Sony TV!

Last edited by HiDefBob; 03-24-2008 at 02:30 AM.. Reason: Addtional Comments
HiDefBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDefBob View Post
I was speaking to one of the main Pioneer dealers in this city today. He said ...

1. The 9G series of plasmas will be built entirely by Pioneer. They should start appearing in the fall. The Panasonic announcement is for next year's models.
2. Panasonic will be producing plasmas using Pioneer's specifications ... specifications that Pioneer has the rights to.

So, basically nothing changes. Pioneer will still be selling the same high quality plasmas this year and beyond ... argueably the best in the industry.
If this holds up I'll be very happy because I prefer plasma that is to say only Pioneer plasma.
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #35

"I was speaking to one of the main Pioneer dealers in this city today. He said ...

I hope to be able to pick up a 60" KURO Elite model (what ever supercedes the 150FD) before Christmas ... which will be my first ever non-Sony TV"

I believe I read an interview with a senior Pioneer executive in Sound & Vision which basically says the same thing. Pioneer has no intention of leaving plasma, but they are adding LCD as they feel the technology is improving and may eventually be comparable to the plasma HDTV's in price and performance in the 50" to 70" range. They belive (and I concur, for it's worth), the Pioneer plasma's outperform any 50"-70" LCD's in both price and performance). To Pioneer this is where "true Home Theatre" exists at a minimum. They sate that above 70" it makes more sense to go projection.

Greg
gstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiDefBob View Post
Just to clarify (as of this writing): Pioneer 10G PDP forward will have the glass panels manufactured by Matsu****a to meet Pioneer's requirements, and those will then be assembled at Pioneer plants.
Pioneer National Trainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
10g, 2008, canada, electronics, elite, feb082009, fujitsu, kuro, lcd, leavin, leaving, pioneer, plasma, plasmas, prices, sales