Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 03-07-2008   #7

Default Re: Record Labels Ignore Blu-ray Format To Replace The Ailing CD

I heard that all 2500 $300 NIN Blu-Ray discs with all the other extras is sold out!
There is a market for this kind of thing with the right bands, the question is, is it big enough to grab the attention of the record companies.

There is so much you could do with the Blu-Ray music disc, Videos, 5.1 & stereo versions, live concert video & live versions of the songs, MP3's, "making of" videos, extras, ring tones, etc, etc all on one disc.
To make it happen there would have to be a much larger install base of Blu-Ray players in the homes & computers so it's still a few years away if it ever happens.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008   #8

We just need to give it some time. After all, how long has the format war been over ? Opus Arte is putting out Operas on Blu-ray soon and this will probably be my introduction to the genre.

There's already plenty of HD music concert videos on cable/satellite; some of which is bound to show up on Blu-ray.

Now I'm hoping Reference Recordings can get in the act with high rez PCM master tapes. The entry price might still be a tad high for such a small label though.
oscar_in_fw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #9

Sony/BMG did make some Blu-ray audio discs, but they haven't added much to the title list since it's inception almost a year ago. Monster also was making some great audio discs (their version of Ray Charles' Genius Loves Company is a phenomenal disc and one I frequently use to evaluate systems).

It seems like the world is more geared to MP3 and downloads than high quality audio.... I am all for convenience, but I am not willing to sacrifice audio quality for it.

Scarily, I am starting to sound like a vinyl hold out in this regard....

Wait!

I have been thinking of adding a turntable to my rig.........
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Scarily, I am starting to sound like a vinyl hold out in this regard....

Wait!

I have been thinking of adding a turntable to my rig.........
Upon reading this the record & Turntable manufactures just let out a whoop & danced a little jig!!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008   #11

Maybe, but I think I will be on a spending hold for a few more months, I want to own my home and be 100% debt free in less than 10 years now.......
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
blu, blue, bluray, cds, company, dolby, hd, media, mp3, players, ray, record, replace, sacd, sound, true