Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 06-10-2008   #37

Default Re: Blu-ray Wins! But The Real Format War Has Only Just Begun

While horrid may be overstating things just a bit, there is NO comparison between native 4K raw imagery and 1080p. The density, stop range and almost endless tweak-ability makes 4K just the business. My 1080p dailies are dull by comparison. Keep in mind we're generating 1080p footage that is readily editable that can later be synced to the master LTO tapes that hold the 4K footage. I know that if we were going for the best 1080p has to offer I'd be more happy with what I see but it's a bit like comparing apples to oranges the difference is that dramatic. 2K to 4K isn't as substantial but still noticeable. I can't wait until picture lock where we do our final color correction before creating our master file. The picture is going to be glorious. And yes we will have a true 4K master. As well as a 2K and 1080p.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by i30krab View Post
I'll get a lower priced BR model now and later when the industry releases a high end user friendly unit I will give the cheaper one to my son.

This brings me to the question, currently which model is the most reliable in the $400-500 price range??
Ofcourse price drops always lead to bigger sales its a no brainer.

but digital downloads are such a pathetic flop right now, nobody i know knows about digital downloads i think more people in the world watch movies on vhs rather then downloading them digitally.

dvd right now is also dying fast dying alot faster then vhs and Blu-ray is taking over the market way faster then dvd did.

all things look Blue and Blu-ray is going to be our HD format for atleast the next 10 years nothing is of any danger to Blu-ray right now nothing.
Jast3r Rogu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008   #39

While I think Blu-ray is going to be our HD disc format for a while I don't see it having a 10 year life span. Technologically we're moving a lot faster these days than we were when DVD was in its infancy and the reign of the next big thing (i.e. Blu-ray) is bound to be shorter. While the mainstream world may not yet be hip to downloads I consider them to be the future of content delivery and should not be taken lightly. Like HD back in the day it was a buzz word until the day it landed in our laps and forced the masses to take notice and adapt. This is how I see downloads going. Just my two cents.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008   #40

Sony launching movie downloads on PS3 this summer

From Engadget,

Sony just released a rambling update to it corporate strategy through fiscal year 2010. An interesting read for fans and competitors alike as Sony lays bare initiatives intent on moving Sony from recovery to the "leading global provider of networked consumer electronics and entertainment." Most notable in the near-term however, is word from Kazuo Hirai, chieftain of Sony Computer Entertainment, that Sony will make a movie download service available to US PlayStation 3 owners this summer -- Japan and Europe at later dates with details coming "next month," presumably at E3. Moreover, Sony expects its gaming business to achieve profitability by March 2009, the end of the current fiscal year. Of course, we already knew that Sony was prepped to deliver full-length TV shows and movies sometime in 2008 via its North American PLAYSTATION Network. But summer, eh? Judging by the increased molecular agitation of sidewalk effluence, we'd say that Sony's season of movie downloads is already upon us.

It's still no factor as far as how I get my HD movies, Blu-Ray will still have better audio & video quality & with my DSL downloading a movie will take forever.
Using BD Live it took me 5 minutes to download a 2 minute HD movie trailer!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson_A View Post
While I think Blu-ray is going to be our HD disc format for a while I don't see it having a 10 year life span. Technologically we're moving a lot faster these days than we were when DVD was in its infancy and the reign of the next big thing (i.e. Blu-ray) is bound to be shorter. While the mainstream world may not yet be hip to downloads I consider them to be the future of content delivery and should not be taken lightly. Like HD back in the day it was a buzz word until the day it landed in our laps and forced the masses to take notice and adapt. This is how I see downloads going. Just my two cents.
Two years later and it seems digital HD downloads and HD streaming are still just blips on the revenue radar.
Blu-ray is looking good for that ten year lifespan.
BD Insider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010   #42

Location: Deep within the dark and strange crevices of my mind !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD Insider View Post
Two years later and it seems digital HD downloads and HD streaming are still just blips on the revenue radar.
Blu-ray is looking good for that ten year lifespan.
Agreed but still every once in a while some manufacturer or another "Finds" a stock of HDDVD movies which were stored in a warehouse and they release it to the public through an online seller, which then generates a rumor that they are being produced again. HDDVD is a dead issue unfortunately for HD player owners and all they can hope for is a sporadic offering every once in awhile. But I believe by now most HD viewers have relinquished their hopes for a revival and have purchased a BDP, but there are still a stubborn few who refuse to give in. Like some of those Japanese soldiers they found still holding out in the jungles many years after the war had ended.

SONY LED XBR46HX929
SONY LED-LCD KDL46XBR8
Oppo 95 BDP
DENON 3311CI AVR 7.2-125 W/ch
MIRAGE OMNISTAT V2 SPKR SYS LINK*
MIRAGE OMNI S10 S/W
SA 8300 HD/DVR
Harmony 1100 Remote & HTS-1000 MKII
Monster THX & Monoprice Cables
ImRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
begun, blue, bluray, format, movie, play, players, quotes, ray, real, resume, summers, support, war, wins