Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 06-10-2007   #7

Angry Re: Predictions for Sopranos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioGuy2007 View Post
That was EASILY THE WORST final episode of any show ever. WOW, what a waste of an hour. It was the AJ show for 55 min, Meadow can't parallel park and then I thought my projector bulb in my TV blew out.
I'll second that, the worst and the most anoying endiing of any show ever!................. and you were not alone, for a few seconds there I thought my new TV died as well.

Linda
LindaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007   #8

Default Re: Predictions for Sopranos

To recap my predictions:

Predictions:
1. Phil is toast.
(I was right and LOVED seeing his head get squished)

2. Sil is going to die in the hospital.
(Hard to tell but Sil was as good ad dead)

3. Tony will align with Carmine Jr. to whack Phil. Tony and Pauly will be left standing at the end with a friendly partner in Carmine Jr. (as in who gets MADE in America - that would be Carmine)

(I was close here. Didn't see the Pauly not wanting the gig twists but the Carmine JR. call was dead on.)

Alternate Twist:
I don't trust agent Harris. He acts like he just likes the pork sanswich at Satrales but I don't trust him. He gave Tony some useful information last week but don't you find it odd that an FBI agent who was sworn to put people like Tony away and who could make his whole career on busting Tony is just hanging around?

(He was no rat but the Feds WERE watching. Maybe the people at the restaurant were Feds NOT people looking to Whack Tony and his family)
Old 06-10-2007   #9

Default I nearly died

I nearly died when "made in America" ended. I had 7 people in my theater with a themed dinner (see below for menu) and we were watching on TiVo. I was CONVINCED my TiVo cut off the ending. David Chase abuptly abused his audience for the last time by sequing unto oblivion.

I spoke with my buddy Tim Duffy who watched the movie at TV producer, Phil Rosenthal's house (Everybody Loves Raymond creator) and he too nearly DIED when the screen went dead. My audience had enough AV industry hitter in it. Tim's audience had a number of prominant writers, directors and producers in attndance.

The agreement from Hollywood on the best show from New Jersey was "how could David Chase do this to his audience". Personally, I feel it was abusive.

Thoughts??
Old 06-11-2007   #10

Default Re: I nearly died

Clearly the man felt no obligation to the fans or the cast to see that the show had a proper ending. I understand that you can't please all of the people all of the time, but he could have at least made an attempt to give the show a proper send off. It was a badly written and made very little sense and was unbelievably disappointing.

That said, I think David Chase should be squished like Phil for doing that to Soprano Fans.
Old 06-11-2007   #11

Default Re: I nearly died

Jerry,

Unless you served Phil on toast for dinner I don't see your menu - which I'm sure was better written nd far more satisfying than the ending to the Sopranos!

Linda
Sponsored Links

Tags
bets, silly, superbowl