Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 01-17-2008   #37

Default Re: HD Disc Format War Not Over By a Long Shot

FWIW:

Robert over at AVS (who has contacts within HD DVD) said this yesterday: “We'll see more promotional and other non-promotional aggressive campaigns and incentives from the HD DVD group of companies.”

When pressed for more info, he said “Honestly I just can't say all I know and the strategy is so fluid that anything I do say may change.”
1more4HDDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008   #38

The HD DVD's propganda of "The War Continues!" is the rest of the industry's version of Toshiba fire-selling their inventory quickly before the retailers stop supporting their products.
DaViD Boulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
The HD DVD's propganda of "The War Continues!" is the rest of the industry's version of Toshiba fire-selling their inventory quickly before the retailers stop supporting their products.
Well all that has happened right now is the death of HD-DVD software sales while BD sales did "ok."

If Toshiba is fighting this out they better do something soon. Paramount is not going to sit and wait much longer.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008   #40

Lotus you are absolutely correct. What are the chances of that so called studio coming into the hddvd fold or even being outright purchased by Microsoft as you hinted at? If that happens what are the chances that the other bigger studio will go neutral? You mentioned Toshiba and the hddvd prg were going all out after 2 studios which to survive they really need to. There is no question.
PRO-630HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootman View Post
Really?

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/35630/98/

Already one adult studio has seemed to have dropped HD-DVD.
Bootman,

Funny you posted this, I personally spoke to Joone, founder and director of Digital Playground on 1/16/2008 @ Noon PST and he confirmed to me they are staying in both formats.

Just to be sure, I contacted their PR people, but don't see that as true. If anything, from my meandering around the AVN's, I found much more HD DVD in the adult video industry than Blu-ray, and I think a simple Google search for either would prove my impression correct.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
During an interview at CES, Ken Graffeo said the [HD DVD] group has been working since the Warner announcement to gauge the degree of backing among retailers, which he said have been "overwhelmingly supportive."
1more4HDDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
441, audio, blu, bluray, combined, disc, discs, fight, format, hd, japan, khz, not, ray, shoot, supported, video, wwwreapscasecom