Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 02-03-2008   #217

Default Re: HD Disc Format War Not Over By a Long Shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Paramount's escape clause will only come into effect (if I've heard right) if Universal goes blu.

Which according to Bill Hunt they should have on Friday, so maybe they will this week. I mean his sources were untouchable!
LOL!!!!! Shill Hint is the definition of Bias.
PRO-630HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008   #218

Well the Super Bowl is over & there was no HD-DVD or Toshiba commercial.
So much for the "massive ad campaign starting with the Super Bowl" rumor!

I'm guessing Universal & Paramount called Toshiba & told them not to waste their money!

So is this a sign that the war might be closer to over than people thought?
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Many people are reporting seeing the ad, although I guess it wasn’t on 100% of the stations.

How did you like the blu-ray ad? … oh yeah, that’s right, nothing…
1more4HDDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008   #220

Quote:
So much for the "massive ad campaign starting with the Super Bowl" rumor!

I'm guessing Universal & Paramount called Toshiba & told them not to waste their money!

So is this a sign that the war might be closer to over than people thought?
That is BS. I saw the ad right after the half time started. It may not be one of the most memorable ads, but they were all weak this year IMO.

I have heard some areas never showed the ad, which means Fox might have screwed them twice in a months time.
PFC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1more4HDDVD View Post
Many people are reporting seeing the ad, although I guess it wasn’t on 100% of the stations.

How did you like the blu-ray ad? … oh yeah, that’s right, nothing…
There was no National ad, it sounds like it was only a few local stations that had any HD-DVD ad at all & that hardly makes it a "massive ad campaign"!
As for the Blu-Ray ad, I don't remember anyone saying there would be one, unlike the supposed HD-DVD ad which was touted as being the beginning of a massive ad campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFC5 View Post
That is BS. I saw the ad right after the half time started. It may not be one of the most memorable ads, but they were all weak this year IMO.

I have heard some areas never showed the ad, which means Fox might have screwed them twice in a months time.
Oh yea, Fox screwed them!
You have to be kidding, if they had bought ad time at $2.7 Million for 30 seconds there is no doubt at all that Fox would have played it.

I'm guessing the ad you saw was for American Gangster, that was not a HD-DVD ad it was for the SD-DVD.
There was about a 1 second flash at the end that said it was available on HD-DVD combo disc that's hardly a massive HD-DVD ad campaign!

There was no national ad & no matter how you try to spin it with all the build up of the supposed "massive ad campaign starting with the Super Bowl" it didn't happen.

The question now is why, did Paramount & Universal tell them something that made them pull the ad?

Last edited by TheMoose; 02-03-2008 at 10:14 PM..
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008   #222

Quote:
There was no National ad, it sounds like it was only a few local stations that had any HD-DVD ad at all & that hardly makes it a "massive ad campaign"!
As for the Blu-Ray ad, I don't remember anyone saying there would be one, unlike the supposed HD-DVD ad which was touted as being the beginning of a massive ad campaign.

Oh yea, Fox screwed them!
You have to be kidding, if they had bought ad time at $2.7 Million for 30 seconds there is no doubt at all that Fox would have played it.

I'm guessing the ad you saw was for American Gangster, that was not a HD-DVD ad it was for the SD-DVD.
There was about a 1 second flash at the end that said it was available on HD-DVD combo disc that's hardly a massive HD-DVD ad campaign!

There was no national ad & no matter how you try to spin it with all the build up of the supposed "massive ad campaign starting with the Super Bowl" it didn't happen.

The question now is why, did Paramount & Universal tell them something that made them pull the ad?
Here it is, the superbowl add that didn't happen. It played during halftime. Very appropriate for the superbowl and includes the new pricing. http://www.spike.com/video/2938290/c...site/superbowl

Moose, give it a rest! You are starting to become the most obnoxious member in the forums.
PRO-630HD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
441, audio, blu, bluray, combined, disc, discs, fight, format, hd, japan, khz, not, ray, shoot, supported, video, wwwreapscasecom