Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 01-14-2008   #43

Default Re: Warner Pulls Support For HD DVD and Backs Blu-ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
What I do know is that most people I talk to don't like that Studios are trying to make their decision for them.
Most people you talk to isn't empirical evidence. Everyone has their circle of influence and they're all different.

But it's funny that the majority of people had no problems with the studios picking DVD over Divx.
Old 01-14-2008   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
I have said all along, that this war is not good. But, no one agreed with me, and said I should just ante up, and buy a player. As far as where we are now, the fact that people who bought Toshiba players, now have to go out and by another player is crazy. And, more expensive, bad again. I keep saying, most people want to watch a movie, see a great picture, get great sound, and that is it.

Now, theyhave all this to deal with. Will HD growth be affected, I don`t really know. But, maybe slowed a little. I know what though, if tv content was really good, people would hesitate buying players, and just watch on satelitte and cable, order movies on demand, and record them to their HD DVRs. But, no one wins here at all. Its a big mess, and rather than continuing to argue about these two formats that should have never been, what damage will be done now to the marketplace, when the word finally gets out to the masses?????
You my friend are prophetic! Take a look at this:

http://www.betanews.com/article/Anal...ray/1199992686
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
I have said all along, that this war is not good. But, no one agreed with me, and said I should just ante up, and buy a player.
I still think you should have.

Granted greg, you know my problem with sources, but I have had both formats for 18 months or so now, and have watched many films in both formats giving the best video available for the last year and a half. I think it was worth the entrance fee.

I also can see your point and how the recent advantages will make you less likely to buy either for fear of losing, but let's face it, do you think I ever thought both would win???
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post

prerich,

I have said this from the start, once I can buy the rights to the film and stream it to my home anytime both formats are dead, because it is convenience, not quality that seem to make new formats fly. Making J6P struggle with firmware updates and slow load times isn't a help, but if I just need to go to any movies site and watch, that's convenient!
Old 01-14-2008   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post

prerich,

I have said this from the start, once I can buy the rights to the film and stream it to my home anytime both formats are dead, because it is convenience, not quality that seem to make new formats fly. Making J6P struggle with firmware updates and slow load times isn't a help, but if I just need to go to any movies site and watch, that's convenient!
Old 01-14-2008   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
prerich,

Yes, now I remember you saying it too. Hmmmm this is very interesting indeed!
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
bros, dvd, hd, pulls, support, warner