Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 01-11-2008   #25

Exclamation Re: Warner Pulls Support For HD DVD and Backs Blu-ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S View Post
With HD DVD out of the way, will BD titles go up in price? I already see an indication of this with the new releases this week. Most of the BD (single) titles at Amazon were < $20, but the two new releases I'm interested in; 3:10 To Yuma and Sunshine are $26.95 - $27.95 respectively. How are these prices going to get more people to buy into Blu-ray players?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
There will be nothing to push them down due to a lack of competition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
You are correct sir, as I have indicated on the Blu-ray.com site.
Do you guys even bother to read other posts here or do you just keep posting gloom & doom?
Because you appear to be wrong again, & if you'd have looked at my post just above yours you'd have seen that.

Amazon just today put 229 Blu-Ray movies on sale
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #26

Default Re: Warner Pulls Support For HD DVD and Backs Blu-ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Do you guys even bother to read other posts here or do you just keep posting gloom & doom?
Because you appear to be wrong again, & if you'd have looked at my post just above yours you'd have seen that.

Amazon just today put 229 Blu-Ray movies on sale

Amazon may be having a sale, but Best Buy and others are not. In fact Best Buy was virtually $25+ for everything when I was there today.

It's not doom and gloom either, but reality. There will be no competition to drive prices lower.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Amazon may be having a sale, but Best Buy and others are not. In fact Best Buy was virtually $25+ for everything when I was there today.

It's not doom and gloom either, but reality. There will be no competition to drive prices lower.
There is nothing new about that, BB has always had high prices on HDM.
They will occasionally have a few titles on sale or send me a $20 off coupon on 3 Blu-Rays but the reason I get almost all my Blu-Ray's from Amazon is because they are $5 to $10 cheaper than BB & that hasn't changed since launch.

There is plenty of competition to drive down prices, it's called DVD!!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #28

Quote:
They will occasionally have a few titles on sale or send me a $20 off coupon on 3 Blu-Rays but the reason I get almost all my Blu-Ray's from Amazon is because they are $5 to $10 cheaper than BB & that hasn't changed since launch.

DVD isn't considered competition in the traditional sense.

Honestly they're about $5 too much for widespread approval. HD DVD was set to lower their prices to that point at CES, but we all know what happened. If Warners had stayed quiet we likely would have had BD following suit and the masses would have been happy.

So yes, we've already seen the lack of competition effect the market negatively for consumers.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #29

Unhappy Re: Warner Pulls Support For HD DVD and Backs Blu-ray

Quote:
Well Amazon is having a Blu-Ray sale right now.

Look in the "big Blu-Ray sale" post in the Blu-Ray software forum.
Moose - You must have missed what I said, their sale does not include the titles I mentioned.
Check it out for yourself: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...86951&plpage=1
Ken S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008   #30

Unhappy Re: Warner Pulls Support For HD DVD and Backs Blu-ray

Quote:

News flash!!!! Our Walmart in the Panhandle of Florida has pulled all of its BD and HD-DVD titles and limited them to just the few new titles on one display - the large display is now gone.
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
bros, dvd, hd, pulls, support, warner