Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 01-05-2008   #19

Default Re: Chip-makerís Delays Cause Home Theater Industry Woes Late in 2007

Lotus,

I understand why studios are concerned with pirating. What I can't understand is why the studios think consumers are going to copy BD and HD discs through the component video outputs? Do you know of a consumer or computer device that accepts component video inputs so that HD and BD discs can be copied in that manner?
faberryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmHarbor View Post
I worked on a crew that built a Magnolia Room at Circuit City and not one set....not one uses HDMI to receive video. All were connected with component RGB cables..no matter what the price! All Magnolia Rooms
are built the same so that should tell you something about HDMI reliability.
Perhaps they just haven't invested in adding HDMI runs to every receiver and television displayed.

By the way, the Office Depot I visited yesterday was displaying it's HDTV sets connected via the Composite video input!!!!!
faberryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffH View Post
Hi, can I ask where you got the Samsung BD-UP5000 BluRay/HD-DVD combo player. I have had one on order from One Call for about 2 months now and they say that it is not out yet.
I just picked one up at my local Circuit City, after ordering it via their web site and selecting In Store Pickup. It looks like only two NE Ohio Circuit City stores have them now. Thursday, almost all of them showed them as being in stock. Now to hook it up...
CarbonJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009   #22
ppd

oh, never mind, realize this message is from last year...
ppd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, avr4308ci, chip, cirrus, computer, delays, forum, hdcp, home, logic, problem, receiver, release, software, systems, theater, tivo