Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 01-11-2008   #19

Default Re: Fujitsu to Cease Making HDTVs by End of March 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson_A View Post
When you think about it Pioneer is the ONLY company pushing the plasma envelope anymore.
I disagree. Pioneer is definitely the leader in plasma technology but Panasonic is pushing plasma at least as much as Pioneer. The "Magical Disney Blu-ray Tour" was co-sponsored by Panasonic to promote plasma technology.

There is a push by the remaining plasma manufacturers to educate the customer of the benefits of plasma, and the Kuro campaign is very good. With Project Kuro's 9mm set coming up in a couple years, plasma just may stick around for a while. Of course if LCD can do the same thing (Hitachi is down to 1.5" on LCD), we'll just have to wait and see.

It would be a shame for the best display technology available right now to go away, but such is life.

PS. My Fujitsu rep said they essentially closed up shop on Dec. 27
glocksout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocksout View Post
With Project Kuro's 9mm set coming up in a couple years, plasma just may stick around for a while.
I saw that 9mm plasma @ CES this week, and while it wasn't in the best positioning (in the open under fluorescent lights) it had the worst black level I've seen in years, it didn't even make dark greys, just grey. I hope they do stay in the market with the Kuro line, as the new Elite is hands down the best TV I've seen!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I saw that 9mm plasma @ CES this week, and while it wasn't in the best positioning (in the open under fluorescent lights) it had the worst black level I've seen in years, it didn't even make dark greys, just grey. I hope they do stay in the market with the Kuro line, as the new Elite is hands down the best TV I've seen!
Well, lets just hope they get that ironed out before they put it to market. I'm sure it was just a proof-of-concept display so you know it's not just vaporware, but time will tell.
glocksout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocksout View Post
Well, lets just hope they get that ironed out before they put it to market. I'm sure it was just a proof-of-concept display so you know it's not just vaporware, but time will tell.
The sets were not very appealing in terms of contrast ratio, but the pure black models they had were amazing.

I'm not sure 9mm will be the answer, but the pure black displays better be coming out soon they were stunning.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
2008, cease, company, dealer, fujitsu, plasma, texas