Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 11-27-2007   #7

Default Re: Onkyo drops HD DVD player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Interesting.....

I sort of wondered if the super low pricing would limit others from making these players, but never really voiced it. Toshiba might need to dump $$ at the hardware as well as software folks soon....

This seems to be a case of the Italian Distributor not being able to get a good price on the unit. This doesn't interfere with American sales or German for that matter. Supposedly the unit is available now in Germany.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #8

Quote:
This seems to be a case of the Italian Distributor not being able to get a good price on the unit. This doesn't interfere with American sales or German for that matter. Supposedly the unit is available now in Germany.
That Italian message indicated that the lack of additional units would affect all of Europe. It also stated that no units were being recalled... just that no additional product would be sent. So Germany already had some units on-course to them and naturally they'd be offered for sale.
DaViD Boulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
That Italian message indicated that the lack of additional units would affect all of Europe. It also stated that no units were being recalled... just that no additional product would be sent. So Germany already had some units on-course to them and naturally they'd be offered for sale.
Right but you're the one who lied about Onkyo "dropping HD DVD player," when it was the Italian Distributor who wouldn't be importing.

Germany had thousands shipped to them and they're on sale there.

Onkyo did not "drop," HD DVD. However your title implies that and your article only points the Distributor being unable to get a good price. Then implies that Toshiba is the cause.

The cause is simply that the Italian Distributor didn't want to purchase a large enough quantity to get a good price.
Old 11-28-2007   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Right but you're the one who lied about Onkyo "dropping HD DVD player," when it was the Italian Distributor who wouldn't be importing.

Germany had thousands shipped to them and they're on sale there.

Onkyo did not "drop," HD DVD. However your title implies that and your article only points the Distributor being unable to get a good price. Then implies that Toshiba is the cause.

The cause is simply that the Italian Distributor didn't want to purchase a large enough quantity to get a good price.
You have got to get a grip!!
Are you so self important that you must get indignant if anyone dares to disagree with you? You whine about people calling you names while you just called him a liar & have called other people names.

Your opinion is no more important than anyone else's.
The title of this thread is right except it should say in Europe.
it is no more misleading than your headline "Is Sony preparing to raise a white flag"

If you keep bashing everyones opinion that doesn't agree with you perhaps you should start your own forum where people can join only if they agree with you.

Go to all the parties with unnamed industry heads & oscar nominated directors you want to & pass gossip along as fact but be warned you will be busted.
Your arrogance is really getting old!!

Oh & this quote from the story,
"Onkyo has been in difficulty in positioning its reader (the European list price is 899 euros) and has therefore decided to stop production. The few pieces produced were then redistributed in the various markets and you just know that in Italy came just 11 pieces and did not arrive others, while in Germany have been more fortunate with well 20 pieces and Spain did not receive any."
Sure doesn't sound to me like the Italian dealer didn't order enough!!
It sounds to me like Onkyo decided to stop production!!

Did you just lie about that??

Last edited by TheMoose; 11-28-2007 at 02:16 PM..
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
You have got to get a grip!!
Are you so self important that you must get indignant if anyone dares to disagree with you? You whine about people calling you names while you just called him a liar & have called other people names.
No you, David, and dolbyblu do the crazy arrogant thing for me. David follows every post I make and rags me for using words correctly just to rag on me. Dolbyblu is obviously on one side and he definately started the name calling and crazy paranoia posts. You on the other hand have answered with anger more than once, and this is just another example.

Answer this:

Did Onkyo drop their HD DVD player?

Is it available in Germany (more than 20 units)? Is it available in the States?

Is there a report about Onkyo abandoning the player that isn't written by some Italian rag (that can't quote Onkyo but refers to the Distributor as stating that Onkyo quit production. Then says Onkyo didn't produce it anyway it's a Rebadge, thus it would be Toshiba producing and just making it with the Onkyo label)?

The truth is they got their player from Toshiba then improved it. This is a practice done by many notable mid fi and hi fi brands from NAD to Krell.

Tell me why a sensationalistic post like this is being compared to one by me with the word "Is," in it that clearly is posing a question and at least has quotes of the CEO of the company behind it?

Perhaps I could have gone about it nicer with David however his recent posts attacking my use of the English language correctly combined with this post amongst others made me respond unkindly.

Last edited by Lotus; 11-28-2007 at 04:20 PM..
Old 11-28-2007   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
No you, David, and dolbyblu do the crazy arrogant thing for me. David follows every post I make and rags me for using words correctly just to rag on me. Dolbyblu is obviously on one side and he definately started the name calling and crazy paranoia posts. You on the other hand have answered with anger more than once, and this is just another example.
I'm not answering with anger and never have, I'm far from angry, I'm just astonished at your attitude & refusal to take any criticism or any willingness to notice there are people with opinions other than yours.

The fact you see my response as anger tells me a lot.

Quote:
Tell me why a sensationalistic post like this
Did you read the story?
That is what we are commenting on, do you have any facts to refute this story or should we just accept your view as the absolute truth?

Last edited by TheMoose; 11-28-2007 at 06:21 PM..
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
939, audiovideo, dc, dvd, hd, japanese, made, onkyo, player, purchase, sale, toshiba, washington