Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 12-27-2007   #19

Default Re: Helping Audiophile Dealers with the "Audio Room of the Future"

I hope CES brings some of the 'Esoteric Level' gear up to date but I fear it is still too soon for all/most of them. Ironic choice of words Greg as I own several of the brands you list as esoteric, as well as an Esoteric player.... And I thought I was just upper mid-fi!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007   #20

Thumbs up Re: Helping Audiophile Dealers with the "Audio Room of the Future"

You are a really funny guy kenny. You know, when I first go into the high end, the Esoteric gear was found here only in New York at Lyric Hi-Fi and Sound by Singer. . I`m sure you know them. Though, I wasn`t really familiar with Singer. Lyric had the best, Arnie Nudells Infinity IRS$es, Krell and Spectral amplification, Mcintosh amps as well.

Then Harvey on 45th and the Listening Room in Scarsdale had Carver, Apt Holman, Acoustic Research, NAD, Bang and Olufsen, Polk Audio, Sonance, KEF, Marantz (both amps and receivers), Adcom, you get the picture.

kenny, Esoteric is definitely "Esoteric" to me. Consider their two box cd/sacd players. Right up there with the DCS Elgar two box units. But, I like your player. I always wanted a universal player from them. The only other consideration was the Linn Unidisk SC.

Also, you have Levinson, esoteric to me. Way above Marantz and Adcom, though great equipment in their on right.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, audiophile, baby, boomer, budget, columbus, dcs, dealer, diego, dvd, elgar, end, equipment, florida, high, san, sc, unidisk