Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 07-13-2007   #19

Thumbs up Re: This top 100 band list is BOGUS - RUSH lower than STP?

Well it has arrived, and it sounds very good. Blood, Sweat, and Tears self entitled 2nd album as a Mobile Fidelity hybrid. For you baby boomers out there that remember, "And When I Die" Spinning Wheel" and "You Make Me So Very Happy" this SACD has in the last two days brought me many smiles. All 3 of these songs went gold.

And, Never knew that Randy Brecker of the "Brecker Brothers" is on this album. Excellent horn section, fun music. They don`t do it like this anymore.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #20

Default Re: This top 100 band list is BOGUS - RUSH lower than STP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Well it has arrived, and it sounds very good. Blood, Sweat, and Tears self entitled 2nd album as a Mobile Fidelity hybrid. For you baby boomers out there that remember, "And When I Die" Spinning Wheel" and "You Make Me So Very Happy" this SACD has in the last two days brought me many smiles. All 3 of these songs went gold.

And, Never knew that Randy Brecker of the "Brecker Brothers" is on this album. Excellent horn section, fun music. They don`t do it like this anymore.
That was one of the first albums I ever had, I still like it very much.
j.arend-denko@adelphia.ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #21

Smile Re: This top 100 band list is BOGUS - RUSH lower than STP?

Isn`t it a great lp, or cd today. It was during a time for me, when I was being exposed to other types of music, other than soul and jazz, which was what I was listening to at the time. Then along came Jimi, Rare Earth, Santana, and Chicago. But this particular gem, has been a favorite of mine as well.

Glad to know someone else feels the same way.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #22
jbk

Default Re: Missing a few progenators

For my two cents omitting the Yardbirds is a mistake. Without the YardBirds as an incubator of guitar legends and band leaders there might not have been a Led Zeppelin or Cream or the Jeff Beck Group.

John Mayall and the BluesBreakers the as launch platform for many greats: Clapton, Mick Taylor, Peter Greene, McVie. Cream(again) and Fleetwood Mac.

Where is Santana on the list? Santana brought the Latin influence to rock music and is still rocking today. Half of the groups on the list won't be remembered in 10 years.

And, the Moody Blues? More early big albums than their contemporaries Pink Floyd.

Where is Jefferson Airplane or the Byrds? The yin and yang of the west coast and Laurel Canyon.

Black Eye Peas? RadioHead(sonomabalistic music), Blind Faith(a group of great musical talent burnt out on drugs), STP you put that in your car, right?.

I'm sure others feel as passionately about their favorites as I do about mine.

That's my two cents for now...
jbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #23

Default Re: This top 100 band list is BOGUS - RUSH lower than STP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Isn`t it a great lp, or cd today. It was during a time for me, when I was being exposed to other types of music, other than soul and jazz, which was what I was listening to at the time. Then along came Jimi, Rare Earth, Santana, and Chicago. But this particular gem, has been a favorite of mine as well.

Glad to know someone else feels the same way.
"Sometimes in Winter" is one of my favorites from that album.
Old 07-16-2007   #24

Default Re: Missing a few progenators

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbk View Post
For my two cents omitting the Yardbirds is a mistake. Without the YardBirds as an incubator of guitar legends and band leaders there might not have been a Led Zeppelin or Cream or the Jeff Beck Group.

John Mayall and the BluesBreakers the as launch platform for many greats: Clapton, Mick Taylor, Peter Greene, McVie. Cream(again) and Fleetwood Mac.

Where is Santana on the list? Santana brought the Latin influence to rock music and is still rocking today. Half of the groups on the list won't be remembered in 10 years.

And, the Moody Blues? More early big albums than their contemporaries Pink Floyd.

Where is Jefferson Airplane or the Byrds? The yin and yang of the west coast and Laurel Canyon.

Black Eye Peas? RadioHead(sonomabalistic music), Blind Faith(a group of great musical talent burnt out on drugs), STP you put that in your car, right?.

I'm sure others feel as passionately about their favorites as I do about mine.

That's my two cents for now...
A huge point was definitely made here! Especially concerning The Moody Blues, The Yardbirds, and Santana, all stellar acts. Some of the groups on the list will never stand the test of time.
Sponsored Links

Tags
100, 40s, artists, band, bands, influence, japan, japanese, list, location, metal, performance, rock, rush, songs, top