Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2007   #19
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: White Plains, New York
Posts: 1,706
Thumbs up Re: This top 100 band list is BOGUS - RUSH lower than STP?

Well it has arrived, and it sounds very good. Blood, Sweat, and Tears self entitled 2nd album as a Mobile Fidelity hybrid. For you baby boomers out there that remember, "And When I Die" Spinning Wheel" and "You Make Me So Very Happy" this SACD has in the last two days brought me many smiles. All 3 of these songs went gold.

And, Never knew that Randy Brecker of the "Brecker Brothers" is on this album. Excellent horn section, fun music. They don`t do it like this anymore.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: bellows falls, vt
Posts: 12
Default Re: This top 100 band list is BOGUS - RUSH lower than STP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Well it has arrived, and it sounds very good. Blood, Sweat, and Tears self entitled 2nd album as a Mobile Fidelity hybrid. For you baby boomers out there that remember, "And When I Die" Spinning Wheel" and "You Make Me So Very Happy" this SACD has in the last two days brought me many smiles. All 3 of these songs went gold.

And, Never knew that Randy Brecker of the "Brecker Brothers" is on this album. Excellent horn section, fun music. They don`t do it like this anymore.
That was one of the first albums I ever had, I still like it very much.
j.arend-denko@adelphia.ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #21
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: White Plains, New York
Posts: 1,706
Smile Re: This top 100 band list is BOGUS - RUSH lower than STP?

Isn`t it a great lp, or cd today. It was during a time for me, when I was being exposed to other types of music, other than soul and jazz, which was what I was listening to at the time. Then along came Jimi, Rare Earth, Santana, and Chicago. But this particular gem, has been a favorite of mine as well.

Glad to know someone else feels the same way.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #22
jbk
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 70
Default Re: Missing a few progenators

For my two cents omitting the Yardbirds is a mistake. Without the YardBirds as an incubator of guitar legends and band leaders there might not have been a Led Zeppelin or Cream or the Jeff Beck Group.

John Mayall and the BluesBreakers the as launch platform for many greats: Clapton, Mick Taylor, Peter Greene, McVie. Cream(again) and Fleetwood Mac.

Where is Santana on the list? Santana brought the Latin influence to rock music and is still rocking today. Half of the groups on the list won't be remembered in 10 years.

And, the Moody Blues? More early big albums than their contemporaries Pink Floyd.

Where is Jefferson Airplane or the Byrds? The yin and yang of the west coast and Laurel Canyon.

Black Eye Peas? RadioHead(sonomabalistic music), Blind Faith(a group of great musical talent burnt out on drugs), STP you put that in your car, right?.

I'm sure others feel as passionately about their favorites as I do about mine.

That's my two cents for now...
jbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #23
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: bellows falls, vt
Posts: 12
Default Re: This top 100 band list is BOGUS - RUSH lower than STP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Isn`t it a great lp, or cd today. It was during a time for me, when I was being exposed to other types of music, other than soul and jazz, which was what I was listening to at the time. Then along came Jimi, Rare Earth, Santana, and Chicago. But this particular gem, has been a favorite of mine as well.

Glad to know someone else feels the same way.
"Sometimes in Winter" is one of my favorites from that album.
j.arend-denko@adelphia.ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007   #24
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: bellows falls, vt
Posts: 12
Default Re: Missing a few progenators

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbk View Post
For my two cents omitting the Yardbirds is a mistake. Without the YardBirds as an incubator of guitar legends and band leaders there might not have been a Led Zeppelin or Cream or the Jeff Beck Group.

John Mayall and the BluesBreakers the as launch platform for many greats: Clapton, Mick Taylor, Peter Greene, McVie. Cream(again) and Fleetwood Mac.

Where is Santana on the list? Santana brought the Latin influence to rock music and is still rocking today. Half of the groups on the list won't be remembered in 10 years.

And, the Moody Blues? More early big albums than their contemporaries Pink Floyd.

Where is Jefferson Airplane or the Byrds? The yin and yang of the west coast and Laurel Canyon.

Black Eye Peas? RadioHead(sonomabalistic music), Blind Faith(a group of great musical talent burnt out on drugs), STP you put that in your car, right?.

I'm sure others feel as passionately about their favorites as I do about mine.

That's my two cents for now...
A huge point was definitely made here! Especially concerning The Moody Blues, The Yardbirds, and Santana, all stellar acts. Some of the groups on the list will never stand the test of time.
j.arend-denko@adelphia.ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Tags
100, 40s, artists, band, bands, influence, japan, japanese, list, location, metal, performance, rock, rush, songs, top

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1st post: Splurge on a 73" Diamond or go with the lower end model? jdpezold Rear Projection HDTV 7 04-25-2008 03:31 PM
Rush studio albums in 5.1 surround sound AVRevForum.com Surround Sound 1 04-14-2008 05:00 AM
YES in the Top 100 Albums NYR 2008 Cup Champs The Best in New Music 11 12-03-2007 06:42 PM
Download the Top 100 albums spreadsheet here, then post your own top 10 here AVRevForum.com The Best in New Music 145 11-09-2007 04:41 PM
RUSH in surround sound AVRevForum.com The Best in New Music 6 06-25-2007 09:26 PM




SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1