Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 11-21-2007   #73

Default Re: This top 100 band list is BOGUS - RUSH lower than STP?

I believe it's a list just like any other. It's gets people talking about artists past and present, and helps us to remember all the great music that's out there.
j.arend-denko@adelphia.ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinjane View Post
Tom Petty belongs on this list. Three groups under rated technically. Derick and the Dominoes (come on!) and Journey. We're talking genius in the case of Niel S. Also, Traffic, as in Dave Mason...again, the standard against which technical skill should be measured.

Why isn't Heart on the list? But Carpenters and Blondie are? So weird.
Tom Petty and Journey are the same class as Blondie and Carpenters, they all suck ass.
eltabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007   #75

Well, these lists are usually based on opinion so it's fun to look at them. But....no mention of The Byrds? That shows a serious lack of musical history. They are one of the most important bands. Also, I didn't see The Yardbirds. Another influential band.
4brens@warwick.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #76

This list is sort of whacked up. First of all Beach Boys and the Wailers should NOT be so high on this list. Beach boys suck and don't deserve to be on this list at all. The Wailers would fit good at like 45 or something. Second, AC/DC and Rolling Stones should be in the top 20. Second, how come Black Sabbath is 70 instead of like 20. Black Sabbath are extremely influential and have great technical ability for many of their songs. 3rd, Motley Crue should be way higher on the list. They are probably the best hair metal band (that's right I said hair metal, I'm so sorry) and where the hell is KISS? Blondie should be higher. STP should NOT be in the top 20. Judas Priest is better than Iron Maiden and Motorhead. Where are the Ramones? Pantera is also missing. All that I said recently should be higher on list along with Slayer because they were very influential to the Death Metal category. Korn isn't on the list. Guns N' Roses, Aerosmith, and the Clash should be in the top 20. Why is the Revolution in the 20? Also Green Day is not on this list. They should at least be in the 90s because they sold a LOT. Also, Radiohead, Kinks, Scorpions, and Kansas should be higher. Who should be a tad higher. Allman Brothers should be higher, as should Deep Purple, Cream, ZZ Top, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and Sex Pistols.

So basically put all these essences and you get my list (top 50).

1. Led Zeppelin
2. Beatles.
3. Pink Floyd
4. Rolling Stones
5. Queen
6. AC/DC
7. Jimi Hendrix Experience
8. Van Halen
9.Metallica
10. Eagles
11. U2
12. Police
13. Who
14. Aerosmith
15. Doors
16. Rush
17. Guns N' Roses
18. Clash
19. Nirvana
20. Black Sabbath
21. Soundgarden
22. Ramones
23. Cream
24. Velvet Underground
25. Journey
26. Boston
27. Dire Straits
28. Deep Purple
29. Allman Brothers Band
30. Genesis
31. Lynyrd Skynyrd
32. Pearl Jam
33. Sex Pistols
34. Motley Crue
35. Earth, Wind, and Fire
36. Judas Priest
37. Iron Maiden
38. Motorhead
39. Bon Jovie
40. ZZ Top
41. Pantera
42. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band
43. Beastie Boys
44. Bee Gees
45. Alice In Chains
46. Rage Against the Machine
47. Blue Oyster Cult
48. Bob Marley and the Wailers
49. KISS
50. Slayer
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008   #77

the Top five were great picks but the rest of the list was crap. i have a couple of things to say. First off if there was no technical ability category the Beatles would be number one where they should be. Second, I think that a great deal of the bands on the list weren't even rock bands or bands that are totally different than the band next to it, for example look at 40 and 41. Parliament Funkadelic and the red hot chili peppers. they are two totally different bands and Parliament Funkadelic i even had to look up because i had never heard of them. And finally th really good bands such as lynard skynard, black sabbath, and rage against the machine are in the back 50. these are my top ten bands and after that i have some bands that shouldn't be on the list.
1. The Beatles 2. Led Zeppelin 3. Pink Floyd 4. The Rolling Stones 5. The Who 6. The Jimi Hendrix Experience 7. Yes 8. Cream 9. The Eagles 10. Van Halen

WTF: Prince and the Revolution, Earth Wind and Fire, Parliament Funkadelic, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dixie Chicks, The Beastie Boys (SERIOUSLY WHAT THE HELL, #49!), Tool, No Doubt, Alice In Chains, Orbital, Little Feat, Duran Duran, Living Colour, Blondie, #76-82, #85-90, #96-100.

you could have done better
panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
Parliament Funkadelic and the red hot chili peppers. they are two totally different bands and Parliament Funkadelic i even had to look up because i had never heard of them. (
Dude!

Don't just look them up, buy their discs! FWIW it is Parliament, and Funkadelic, they are two different bands. George Clinton is the power behind the entire funk movement and still to this day does so many movie soundtracks it is scary! Especially as he's a burnt out crack head, but that is for another post..
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
100, 40s, artists, band, bands, influence, japan, japanese, list, location, metal, performance, rock, rush, songs, top