Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Welcome to AVRev.com's Forum > Discuss AVRev.com News

Discuss AVRev.com News Post your opinions on the latest news from the pages of AVRev.com.

Old 10-05-2007   #61

Default Re: This top 100 band list is BOGUS - RUSH lower than STP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
Walk on a street corner in any major city in the world and ask 100 perople to name a song by each of the three bands you mentioned and the best you MIGHT get is "school's out" by Alice Cooper.

Go to ANY sporting event in America and find me one that doesn't play "Welcome To The Jungle".

Ask that same group of 100 to name a prince song.

Ask them if they have heard of the Dixie Chicks

Point made
Exactly.
narcoticprayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #62

Many of the bands which are given low random play scores have many great songs. For most people it would depend on what song came up on random play if you would continue listening. The Cure is one of the best examples since they have a random play score of 10. There are some of there songs I would listen to and some I would not. People that like their type of music would listen to more of the songs than me. The Roots I have heard of but never heard a song by that I know of. Sometimes it also depends on the mood you are in on what type of music you want to listen to. Also you gave the Sex Pistols a 24 for random play and many other bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd, Journey, Foreigner, Kinks, Kansas, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Cure, and Black Eyed Peas less than that and most people would rather listen to their songs than the Sex Pistols.
farrellhiatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #63

Also I have seen two guys from Grand Funk Railroad listed as the one of the best on their instrument. Mel is list as the best bass player and Don Brewer is listed as one of the top drummers but Grand Funk Railroad is not one of the top hundred Rock bands. How many of you have ever seen Grand Funk Railroad live? They are still playing live so go to one of their shows if they come to your neighborhood and see a great Rock band in concert. They no longer have Mark Farner playing lead guitar since he tours on his own now but Bruce Kulick is one of the best lead guitars in the business and he played in Kiss for many years and is world's better than Ace Frehley ever was or ever will be. Max Carl sings vocals now for them and he was in Jack Mack and the Heartattack and also in 38 Special.
Tim Cashion plays piano and organ for them and he is awesome. You can tell they enjoy playing Rock and have fun playing for their fans. One of the top live shows I have seen.
Also I did not see Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band on the list and they are great live.
I never saw all of Pink Floyd but I did see Roger Waters and Pink Floyd puts on a better show then they are one of the best live shows ever. The sound for Roger Waters show was the best I ever heard. He had a quad sound setup where you were in the center of all the sound.

Anyone that saw Guns and Roses at their best saw a great show.

Another band missing from the list is the Moody Blues.
farrellhiatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007   #64

I couldn't turn the "shuffle" button fast enough if the Cure came on.

Brings back bad memories from High School. My band is rocking convicing versions of "20th Centurty Skitziod Man" and "Tom Sawyer" and scaring off all the chicks while some goth pussies wear their mom's make-up, having never taken a guitar lesson in thier lives - get all the chicks.

I hated high school.
Old 10-09-2007   #65

Thievery Corporation and Underworld? Interesting choices that don't seem to fit the rest of the tastes. Did you pull from a list of 1000 groups down to 100? Where there restrictions on years active? The list seems to consist of "hard rock" with some odd pop, electronic, and funk artists thrown in.
pheta7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #66

Thumbs down Re: This top 100 band list is BOGUS - RUSH lower than STP?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?!?!!!! !!!!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I think the judges were on drugs when they did that list.

Technical
Ability

Pink Floyd: 92 ----> L O L
Metallica: 87 -----> .....
Iron Maiden: 62 -----> WHAT THE HELL!!!!!

I love Pink Floyd, but 92 for Technical Ability? Their songs are REALLY simple. They are creative musicians, not technical.
I'm sure that Iron Maiden makes much more difficult songs.

Live Performance

The Beatles: 45 ---> Yeah, of course. Just stay like rock, dont do anything but singing and smiling and you are great!
Iron Maiden: 29 ----> If you have a showman like Bruce Dickinson, bass and guitars like the ones this band has, your band SUCKS!

Songs

The Rolling Stones: 89 -----> I agree. Satisfaction and..... uh..... uh..... you see..... uh.... yep.
Iron Maiden: 38 ------> Of course!!! How can Phantom of the Opera be a great song? And im not saying nothing about The Rime of the Acient Mariner, or The Number of the Beast, or Hallowed be thy Name, or Blood Brothers, or The Duellists, or ..., or or or or or or or or or 140 times .

Now the worst part:

100. Black Eyed Peas LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOL OLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO OLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOL OLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOL OLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOL OLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOL OLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOLOLOL

I hope im dead when Black Eyed Peas become a rock band.

You know, i already saw ridiculous lists about the greatest bands ever. But this one is, by far, the worst. Its just horrible. Simply ridiculous. Congratulations for the worst avaluation ever!!!!
caiocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
100, 40s, artists, band, bands, influence, japan, japanese, list, location, metal, performance, rock, rush, songs, top