Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Cables

Cables It's all about connections. Discuss everything about audio cables ranging from balanced to unbalanced, speaker cables to interconnects and beyond.

Old 09-26-2007   #1

Default How do I do this

I want to be able to run 2 sets of component cables (RGB - I think ?) from my Sat Receiver - to the TV in the basement theater and the other upstairs to a Sharp AQUOS 26"LCD in the family room. The Sat. Receiver has just one set of RGB out connectors. I need to know if it is possible and just what cables i should pick up. thanks for any help and suggestions from this newbie. Regards to all who read this.
Dave Britt, Montreal Quebec Canada
dbritt@videotron.ca
skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007   #2
Administrator

Default Re: How do I do this

this is kind of expensive but a good AV preamp should have two sets of mirrored component HD outputs. The Anthem AVM 30 has this for sure. Im sure there are many receivers that have dual component video outputs. You will also need a long stereo audio cable to carry the audio signal too.

If you are looking for a cheaper outboard component, try googing "Component video distributor"
AVRevForum.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007   #3
EDA

Default Re: How do I do this

Hey skyman - Check out this link http://www.vpi.us/vsplt-hdtv.html to give you an idea of the type of device your looking for. In addition to creating two component video outputs you'll also want to think about control over the satellite receiver. If your receiver happens to be both RF and IR controllable you can request another RF remote from your satellite provider. If your receiver is IR controllable only, you can run a Cat5 along with your component video interconnect to set up an IR receiver and connecting block to flash the satellite receiver from the second monitor. There are also IR receiver/senders that are RF and don't require you to run the additional wire, but it's been my experience that these devices are a little hit and miss.
Good Luck!
EDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links