Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Cables

Cables It's all about connections. Discuss everything about audio cables ranging from balanced to unbalanced, speaker cables to interconnects and beyond.

Old 07-16-2009   #43

Talking Re: What cables do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2Watch View Post
I have heard this before...I have also done extensive testing (both double blind and with professional equipment) to disprove/dispel these myths.

Nothing more than smoke and mirrors or snake oil.
Great that you, apparently alone, actually tookk the trouble to test properly. That method is the ONLY reason we advanced from the Dark Ages, where the darkness retreated when the discoveries of real truth vs the spread of opinons provided the Enlightenment which is still enlightening those of us who persevere.
Yes, I would love to sit in on those board rooms where they come up with the coolest sounding names and the descriptive wording to impress would be suckers that there is something in the "ether" that justifies getting ripped off.
I cannot respect that kind of merchandising nor can I respect spreading the BS any more than I respect the dogma of old ways of thinking, forming opinions without finding out for oneself or even express doubt or healthy skepticism.
I trust you put the money you saved where it is actually much better served, such as speakers.
cheers
Dave Ladely
DaveLadely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #44

Default Re: What cables do you use?

Blue Jeans Cable for my RCA analog and digital connections. Blue Jeans Cable for my HDMI connections. Monster Z1 and Z2 cable for my speakers (I won a $1000.00 worth of their z cable products several years ago on an online contest they held).
Lee Bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #45
Administrator

You got the Monsters for the right price!
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2Watch View Post
Anyone who spends more for cables than you can get from www.monoprice.com is simply fooling themselves.
Mostly agree for speaker cable (12 ga.), XLRs and banana plugs. I use some of their ICs on non critical listening devices (digital coax). Dn't like their stereo RCAs much, but better than whatever is shipped with a product, usually.
BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #47

Thumbs down Re: What cables do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Bailey View Post
Blue Jeans Cable for my RCA analog and digital connections. Blue Jeans Cable for my HDMI connections. Monster Z1 and Z2 cable for my speakers (I won a $1000.00 worth of their z cable products several years ago on an online contest they held).
Yes, Blue Jeans cables are good, but I would still use cheaper cables except that they will provide custom lengths and different colors for no extra charge. Now, when I look at the back of my equipment, its neat, clean, and very easy to trace cables! That is what makes them worth it for me. I did get a 35' Monster HDMI cable for $24.00 at Circuit City when they folded; I could not resist, since the original price was an exorbitant $399.00!! Otherwise I would have had Blue Jeans make me a custom length or bought from www.monoprice. A friend bought a 30' HDMI cable from www.monoprice.com, works fine, looks just like the Monster Cable competitor. As I recall, Monster Cable was one of the pioneers of the phony marketing claim to justify super profit cables. I have always used 12 gauge copper speaker cables, since the mid 1960s; I never heard of anyone else using such wires until the 1980s. I bought the most flexible available, price was always reasonable. I thought the coat hanger double blind test was hilarious. So did Bob Carver, we had a good chuckle over that. Bob has a degree in physics, founded three high end audio companies, considers the expensive cable marketing to be a scam that diminishes credibility of audio manufacturers that try to provide good products for reasonable prices without hype and misleading claims that are akin to the claims by purveyors of patent medicine and snake oil.
cheers
dave
DaveLadely@aol.com
DaveLadely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009   #48

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/1998/12...66a_print.html
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
12, 12tc, audio, av, break, cable, cables, diy, hdmi, kimber, reference, sound, speaker, tc, transparent