Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Cables

Cables It's all about connections. Discuss everything about audio cables ranging from balanced to unbalanced, speaker cables to interconnects and beyond.

Old 12-01-2008   #13

Default Re: What cables do you use?

hy,

Construction of the cable is certainly interesting and CAN give good results .. and it is also cheaper ...

The 12TC is made up 4TC with 8TC for HF and LF ....

Attention with 2009 Kimber becomes 20-30% more expensive!

Kimber is a very neutral cable and with a speakers like B&W or powerampli with hot-sound is sure a good choice.

cheers
jagger
jagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008   #14
wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagger View Post
hy, Construction of the cable is certainly interesting and CAN give good results .. and it is also cheaper ...

The 12TC is made up 4TC with 8TC for HF and LF .... Attention with 2009 Kimber becomes 20-30% more expensive! Kimber is a very neutral cable and with a speakers like B&W or powerampli with hot-sound is sure a good choice. cheers jagger
I already have 8TCs so it's interesting they combined 4TC + 8TC and made it 12TC Kimber going up in price whoa that is wild.

I had bought my a 30Ft pair of 8TC for $300 a year ago and cut the cable to make much shorter cables
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #15

The bi-wired cable from Kimber is called 12 , available in name PR,VS,TC (TC is the best version)

The 8 is bigger as 4 (PR,VS or TC) and they are bi-wired.
The model 12 is not a cable self- built (well in Europa!!)

30ft. = 9.144meter is a long cable...You need so long cable for the mains?

I have a 8ft. for the mains and a 5fr. for the center.

The new 12TC All Clear ($. 1330) is a very good calbe and not with a crazy price like the Monocle - Bifocal X/XL or the Select series.(from $.4200 ....- always 2x 10ft. with spade/bananas/WBT)

jagger
jagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008   #16
wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagger View Post
The bi-wired cable from Kimber is called 12 , available in name PR,VS,TC (TC is the best version) The 8 is bigger as 4 (PR,VS or TC) and they are bi-wired. The model 12 is not a cable self- built (well in Europa!!)
30ft. = 9.144meter is a long cable...You need so long cable for the mains? I have a 8ft. for the mains and a 5fr. for the center.
The new 12TC All Clear ($. 1330) is a very good calbe and not with a crazy price like the Monocle - Bifocal X/XL or the Select series.(from $.4200 ....- always 2x 10ft. with spade/bananas/WBT) jagger
My main cables are 6tf for all three front rear channels are 15Ft
Old 12-03-2008   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I started out years ago beleiving cables couldn't make a difference, especially power cords. I used what was around, some Monster stuff, but nothing to remember.

Then, as my system progressed in level one day I sat down and had a long talk with an EE who completely disagreed with me and argued power cords should make a significant change in performance of a product. I bought my first PS Audio PC and tried it on my amps and sources. At the time I was using Linn amps which are pretty immune to PC's, so the difference wasn't much, but when I put them onto some digital sources, they smoothed out the harshness in the upper end of CD's....

A long trip in a short story, I even have upgraded PC's on my cable box now! Many are PS Audio still, though there's an Audience Au24 in there as well. Being so happy with PC upgrades, I ran through several cables. I found a reasonable performance/price for PS Audio statements and they were often available for 1/2 price new as they were due to be discontinued, so I bought a bunch of them and enjoyed them for several years. I still use them for some duties as I just can't seem to sell any gear until I run out of room to store it in anymore.

Last year I got Transparent Reference balanced IC's and speaker wires for the front three in my HT and I must say, the change was more than I expected in a very positive way. The sound simply opened up, instruments had better placement and more air around them, it was just amazing. When the system gets done (like that will ever happen) I will need to wire the rears with them as well!

Oh and rework the power treatment and possibly PC's as well....

Yes, I know, I have a problem.....
Can anyone say PLACEBO EFFECT?
Anthem, Conrad Johnson, Dish Network/JVC, Dynaudio, Infinity, Integra, JL Audio, Klipsch, Magnepan, Marantz, Martin Logan, Onkyo, Oppo, Outlaw Audio, Panasonic, Paradigm, REL, Sumiko, SVSound, and Toshiba are the brands equipment I currently use. I have owned/used and tested equipment made by just about any manufacturer you can name.
Loves2Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008   #18
wes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2Watch View Post
Can anyone say PLACEBO EFFECT?
Yes psychology works
Sponsored Links

Tags
12, 12tc, audio, av, break, cable, cables, diy, hdmi, kimber, reference, sound, speaker, tc, transparent