Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Cables

Cables It's all about connections. Discuss everything about audio cables ranging from balanced to unbalanced, speaker cables to interconnects and beyond.

Old 12-18-2010   #1

Default tv to dvd

hi there, i have a sony dav-dv111 home theatre and also have a LG Blu-ray Player BD550, connected to my samsung hd tv.
my question is this, what is the best way to connect my tv to my sony home theatre to get 5.1 surround out. ??? i currently have it connected via a pair of phono wires, this seems to work, but it just doesnt feel right in my head, ( 2 inputs coming in, 5 going out) .my tv has only got one scart socket and thats taken up with sky.

i only want to know so that whatever my tv is outputting, sky, xbox, blu-ray, id like it to come out in surround sound. thanks for ur help.
pictonjullow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010   #2
Administrator

Default Re: tv to dvd

The best way would be to connect the Blu-ray and Sky receiver directly to the surround system. If your surround system does not have enough inputs then you will need an external switch box. I don't think using the TV to switch the audio is going to work successfully for 5.1 audio.
rbinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010   #3

will definetly bear it in mind..... but surely, if using a pair of phonos will work ( to produce 5.1 from tv ), then anything that im watching/playing , if presented in 5.1 , will be transmitted from home theatre in 5.1
pictonjullow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010   #4
Administrator

The pair of phono cables will only be analog 2.0 Pro Logic surround, not 5.1 digital.
rbinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #5
Stephen111

A TV/DVD combi is a great little space-saving device, jam packed with useful features, but if you are thinking of buying one you would be well-advised to see how your short-listed models stack up against the above problems before making your final choice
Sponsored Links

Tags
blueray, connect, davdv111, dvd, dvdaudio, forum, home, inurlforum, powered, receiver, sound, theaterpowered, tv, unbalanced, vbulletin, vbulletininurl