Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Cables

Cables It's all about connections. Discuss everything about audio cables ranging from balanced to unbalanced, speaker cables to interconnects and beyond.

Old 03-20-2007   #1
Administrator

Default How much difference do you think cables makes in the audio quality of your system?

Do you think cables make a difference in the quality of the audio in your system? Do you think you could tell the difference in a blind A/B test?
AVRevForum.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007   #2

Smile Re: How much difference do you think cables makes in the audio quality of your system

To be honest with you, I don`t really know. Limited experience. However, I `ve experienced major differences in speaker wire and cables. Now, I would think it does logically with interconnects as well. I used mostly Monster Cable for speakers and interconects.
But, do you really need to go 185.00 each for a certain length interconnect?
And what about room correction? That to me seems to be the missing link? At least the people at Rives Audio think so.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007   #3

Default Re: How much difference do you think cables makes in the audio quality of your system

Your room is more important than any single cable or preamp etc etc. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise. If you're curious about room correction check out the room correction thread in this forum. One doesn't have to go all out Rives to tame ones' room response.

Andrew
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007   #4

Thumbs up Re: How much difference do you think cables makes in the audio quality of your system

That sounds like the best advice I`ve heard in a while. And something that more people like yourself should talk about. When I log off, I`ll definitely check the article. Somehow I must have missed it.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #5

Default Re: How much difference do you think cables makes in the audio quality of your system

I don't think in the digital realm cables make as much differences as in the analog. A digital signal is a digital signal. I have sampled cheap to expensive for digital connections and can't see much if any difference.
TH8ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007   #6

My opinion is that cables make a HUGE difference , specifically Interconnect and then loudspeaker .......go for the best you can afford in relation to yr system price (10% of toal system cost is a good measure) and enjoy what yr system can offer you with the caveat of course that all other issues being correct - set up ,room, etc..

By the way ..............any comments on below which I am installing later today :

Installing bi-wire Synergistic Research Resolution Reference bi-wire cables to my Left and right speakers .
Cannot get stock of the same for centre in a single bi-wire pair , but got a good buy on another pair of above .
I am going to bi-cable ( going to connect positives of the two cables to my Levinson 434 mono amp positive and of course same applies for negatives and then run the 2 cables to my Revel Voice centre in bi-wire configuration )
Has any one tried this ???If so , pse let me have comments .
sofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, audioquest, cable, cables, cl3, difference, good, improve, inwall, make, quality, sound, speaker, stereo, surround, transparent