Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Cables

Cables It's all about connections. Discuss everything about audio cables ranging from balanced to unbalanced, speaker cables to interconnects and beyond.

Old 10-27-2007   #43

Default Re: How much difference do you think cables makes in the audio quality of your system

jkmw,

Funny you point to EE's, it was an EE who first convinced me to try power cords.... I was sitting at his bar (he was in his final year at college) and I was saying how riidiculous it was to buy u[pgraded power cords and he shot back at me many reasons the last few feet from the wall could make all the difference. I went home and ordered some cables and tried them.... The rest as they say...

Jerry, I agree, some people don't find they make a difference, that can be due to to many variables to list including poor hearing, lack of a trained ear, weak system etc...

I find they matter, and I put my money where my mouth is and buy them!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007   #44

Default Re: How much difference do you think cables makes in the audio quality of your system

That's one enlightened EE! God bless him.

my theater in my wife's house, (my wife's really good to me!):
http://gallery.avsforum.com/showgall...ppuser/7499183
jkmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007   #45

Thumbs up Re: How much difference do you think cables makes in the audio quality of your system

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
Cables are a TOUGH business.

At the top there are people like Noel Lee at Monster and Karen Sumner at Transparent who make a fortune but the barrier to entry is low and there are a lot of players that make cables from their garage. I have a friend who owns a MULTI-million dollar AV company selling power cables to Asia. Nothing in the US. I wish I had a multi-million dollar business. I would by the naming rights to the local driving range or something.
Give it time, give it time. The forum just got started, AVREV.COm is a great read.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007   #46

Electrical Engineers tend to take the emotion away from the process thus counting exclusively on the math.

The truth is - we can't measure everything we hear. Tubes measure VERY poorly but they sound great.

Ask Bob Stuart (Meridian) or Bob Hodas (acoustician) or Kevin Voecks (Revel) and they will all likely tell you - there is more to what you hear than what we can currently measure.

For me - I can't see aftermarket AC plugs but I can see the idea of investing in cables for your audio and video. I think your budget should be set like you might spend on wine. You might not need the Screaming Eagle $2,000 a bottle cab (think Transparent Opus) when a bottle of Hitching Post Pinot does you just fine at $28. That is the value proposition you need to figure out for yourself.
Old 10-27-2007   #47

Give it time, give it time. The forum just got started, AVREV.COm is a great read.

-----

The forum is doing great.

We currently have a CRAPPY "page rank 0 (PR0)" when other home theater forums are driven by new traffic on various and sundry titles from Google, Yahoo and MSN.

We will be moving the forum again (the 3rd time) on to AVRev.com VERY soon. AVRev.com is a page rank 5 site and likely will help us fast track to getting a better ranking for the forum thus more people.

We are also adding more and more rock star moderators. David D, Bob Hodas, Kevin Miller are just a start. I am working on recruiting more. One for each category at least.

We are looking at 2008 as the year to go from 2000 users to 10k to 15k.
Old 10-27-2007   #48

That is awesome. Good news that I want to hear.

So tell me, what does that Screaming Eagle taste like?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, audioquest, cable, cables, cl3, difference, good, improve, inwall, make, quality, sound, speaker, stereo, surround, transparent