Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Cables

Cables It's all about connections. Discuss everything about audio cables ranging from balanced to unbalanced, speaker cables to interconnects and beyond.

Old 10-25-2007   #25

Default Re: How much difference do you think cables makes in the audio quality of your system

I would like the opportunity to actually hear a difference in cables for myself. To hear if I could discern the difference, one way or another. As someone like yourself who demos and changes equipment frequently, if you say there is a difference, Ii believe it.
But, I`ve always believed in the law of diminishing returns. That after a while as the price goes up, the return is very small, then maybe not worth your while. As I stated in another thread, we can tweak our systems all day long. I`m not into that. I want to sit, relax, and enjoy.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #26

Default Re: How much difference do you think cables makes in the audio quality of your system

Do it like a wine tasting.

3 cables in the same system. All other things remain the same. Lights, levels, equipment.

I have done this with Transparent and there are MAJOR differences as you go up the line and spend more money. This likely why I am broke. Well this and I know KennyT and he badly influences me into things I can't afford.
Old 10-25-2007   #27

Oh, so I am the bad influence????
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #28

You are about as bad an influence as a huff of some gold paint.
Old 10-25-2007   #29

I would like to think I am far more influencial than some second class paint sniffing!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007   #30

Smile Re: How much difference do you think cables makes in the audio quality of your system

kennyt, the man of influence. I believe it Jerry. That is Mr. Source. That is what I call him now. He has more source units of different varities than anyone I know.

And now is thinking about the Integra Pre-Pro, simply amazing!!! I`m sure he can influence you Jerry to make a purchase.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, audioquest, cable, cables, cl3, difference, good, improve, inwall, make, quality, sound, speaker, stereo, surround, transparent