Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Cables

Cables It's all about connections. Discuss everything about audio cables ranging from balanced to unbalanced, speaker cables to interconnects and beyond.

Old 01-27-2008   #97

Default Re: How much difference do you think cables makes in the audio quality of your system

This is a little off topic but I thought I should chime in because my experience has been different than 90+ % of you. It is in reguard to hdmi cables. I have a 60a3000 and a ps3. I was using a $10.00 walk in basket special I got at fry`s. The picture was outstanding but digitized to some degree when a fast action sceen happened. (This is not a plug just my experience). I got on monsters web site and found the m1000 for an outrageous price. Knowing I could return it to BB since I bought it online through them......I picked one up. The digitizing is gone! The picture is absolutely the same as far as I can tell. But digitizing is gone! I`ll be keeping that cable needless to say.
sleepyeddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008   #98

Default Re: How much difference do you think cables makes in the audio quality of your system

I run several M1000 HDMI cables, I like the newer ones as the connector is smaller and seems to offer less stress to the interface. Very good cables for longer runs especially.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I run several M1000 HDMI cables, I like the newer ones as the connector is smaller and seems to offer less stress to the interface. Very good cables for longer runs especially.
I just bought the 4 foot cable and I really am amazed at the difference based on everything that I have read in this forum.
sleepyeddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyeddie View Post
This is a little off topic but I thought I should chime in because my experience has been different than 90+ % of you. It is in reguard to hdmi cables. I have a 60a3000 and a ps3. I was using a $10.00 walk in basket special I got at fry`s. The picture was outstanding but digitized to some degree when a fast action sceen happened. (This is not a plug just my experience). I got on monsters web site and found the m1000 for an outrageous price. Knowing I could return it to BB since I bought it online through them......I picked one up. The digitizing is gone! The picture is absolutely the same as far as I can tell. But digitizing is gone! I`ll be keeping that cable needless to say.
$10 vs $170 cable. I'm glad the $170 cable won! For someone who was just using the cable from the PS3 to TV I generally don't suggest $170 cable solutions.

The Better Cables Silver Serpent HDMI units are imho the best HDMI cables for the money. Sorry I didn't suggest them before, but I figured someone who bought a $10 cable likely wouldn't spend 10 times that. I was wrong. Sorry for not suggesting them.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008   #101

FWIW I have some short (3Ft/1.5Ft) Monoprice running some gear now @ 1080p and they work too. depends on the interface and how lucky you are........
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008   #102

When someone can prove to me in a double blind test that well-made inexpensive speaker wires and interconnects sound identifiably different I will change my scientific opinion. I don't believe in subjectivism, or else I'd believe the world is flat:-)

Now it is possible with very difficult loads (meaning very low speaker impedances below 2 ohms) it is possible. Buitwhy would would someone buy very difficult loads for their speaker system?

Greg
gstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, audioquest, cable, cables, cl3, difference, good, improve, inwall, make, quality, sound, speaker, stereo, surround, transparent