Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Cables

Cables It's all about connections. Discuss everything about audio cables ranging from balanced to unbalanced, speaker cables to interconnects and beyond.

Old 10-30-2007   #79

Default Re: How much difference do you think cables makes in the audio quality of your system

Believe me, if I am wearing JUST women's underwear, I wouldn't need to ask!

BTW Some advice for you married guys out there.... You know how your wife always asks you if she looks fat in this or that? Well, we know we are wrong no matter what we say, but I took a different route.

Judith asked me if something make her look fat, I simply said YES! You know what? She hasn't asked me one of those questions in years! Sure, I heard some **** over it, but I told her I was wrong no matter what so I might asa well have some fun with it!

Like I said, never asked again!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #80

Default Re: How much difference do you think cables makes in the audio quality of your system

^^
You sir are a very brave man!!!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #81

I waited a long time to get married so I was pretty set in my ways...

My PS3 is coming 11/2 now, seems Amazon lied to me about 11/1... I'm sure I'll post something about it vs standalone player soon Moose.
Old 10-30-2007   #82

if everyone is talking about the wire that they run from their amps to their speakers that is one thing. my question is what if i am running CL-3 in my walls but using different speaker cables to connect to the wall from amp and from speakers will some people say they are hearing better sound than just using one cable from amp to speaker.

I'm thinking of using this Liberty Cable ULTRACAP THX Certified 12-2P-UC-WHT In-Wall Speaker Cable

• 12AWG 4 Conductor

• UL Listed NEC Type CL3/FT1 for In-Wall Use

• OFHC Copper Construction (High Conductivity Oxygen Free Copper)

• High Twist Rate for the best Sonic Quality

• THX Certification

- THX Certified for Front Speakers up to 40 Feet

- THX Certified for Rear Speakers up to 80 Feet

• Sequential Foot Markings

• Ripcord for easy stripping of jacket

• Low Capacitance only 20.4pF/Ft

• DC Resistance: 1.75 Ohm/1000'

• 3 Bundled Rope Lay Conductor Construction

- 3 Wire Networks of 87 Strands ea.

- Total Strand Count of 261 per Conductor

• 0.050” Thick pressure Extruded Ultracap PVC outer Jacket

• 0.020” PVC Insulation

• Nominal Outer Cable Diameter - 0.475”

• Molded Round Outer Jacket

this is because i want to bi-amp my speakers.

what i would like to know is what others are doing. does everyone install this type of wire in the walls then plug into the wall or run it through the wall as one continuous circut?
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #83

Bam Bam,

Welcome to the forum! How did you find us?

I don't know if I would expect as much of an improvement in sound running regular wire in wall and then connecting to high end wire from amp to wall and wall to speaker, but I have never tried it. As for how to finish it at the wall. I for one find it SO much nicer looking to put a binding plate into the wall and connect your speaker wires to the plate. This also allows you some flexibility down the road should you want to move speakers. FWIW If you run that wire in the walls, all you would need to do is buy some extra and make cables to go from your speaker to the plates.

IF you want to go truly sick, Transparent makes a reference level in wall speaker cable.... It ain't cheap, but FWIU it is as good as their regular reference cable.

I for one run wire out in the open for all the speakers in my HT but I need to as I change things out regularly. If I was doing a full install, it all would be cleaned up and hidden away.... I am pretty lucky that my wife lets me do whatever I want with the HT... She even tolerated multiple runs of >1" thick speaker wire running in front of the fireplace for a while (Don't worry, I don't use it, I live in Florida, I am still trying to understand why all the nice homes down here have a fireplace, maybe it's just to sell to the northerners who move here. Wonder if they use them? I moved from the north...)
Old 10-30-2007   #84

kennyt,

Thank you, I've been crawling around in these forums for a couple of years now.

I am in the process of doing a clean install, but my question still stands by putting a binding plate on the wall you would still be using the wires in the wall then your reference wires from binding plate to speakers would that not defeat the purpose of having high quality wires.

I do not know if I am asking this right but is it not better to only have two connections with one reference wire vs. four connections with a cl-3 wire two binding plates and two reference wires?
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, audioquest, cable, cables, cl3, difference, good, improve, inwall, make, quality, sound, speaker, stereo, surround, transparent