Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Cables

Cables It's all about connections. Discuss everything about audio cables ranging from balanced to unbalanced, speaker cables to interconnects and beyond.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010   #25
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11
Default Re: Which speaker cable is best?

Thanks rbinck

Will keep my eyes open for stock.
pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010   #26
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 16
Default Re: Which speaker cable is best?

it depends about both the size of your speakers and distance
ticy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010   #27
Super Member
 
Loves2Watch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost Causes, Mew Nexico
Posts: 153
Default Re: Which speaker cable is best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticy View Post
it depends about both the size of your speakers and distance
Distance, yes, size of the speakers has no impact at all.
__________________
Anthem, Conrad Johnson, Dish Network/JVC, Dynaudio, Infinity, Integra, JL Audio, Klipsch, Magnepan, Marantz, Martin Logan, Onkyo, Oppo, Outlaw Audio, Panasonic, Paradigm, REL, Sumiko, SVSound, and Toshiba are the brands equipment I currently use. I have owned/used and tested equipment made by just about any manufacturer you can name.
Loves2Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010   #28
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 64
Exclamation Re: Which speaker cable is best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2Watch View Post
Distance, yes, size of the speakers has no impact at all.
Most seem to believe the cable with the coolest sounding name (most impressive seem to be those with cool Greek names) and best marketing promotion, and, after spending a lot of money based on snake oil claims, will insist that he/she can really hear the difference, even denouncing results of double blind testing.
Every double blind test has proven that no one can really hear the difference between decent, non-defective cables and the most expensive cables - which flies in the face of the pretty colors, the very cool names, and the really well done marketing hypem based on marketing, not scientific, research), which seeds to assure the insecure buyer that the more you pay, the bigger the improvement.

I like www.monoprice.com cables just fine, and they are will made. Most of my cables are from www.bluejean.com for two reasons: first, they are available in several colors, which helps me trace the cables, and secondly, they will provide me with custom lengths, for neatness, without having drooping cables all over the equipment. Monoprice does have some colored cables, too, but not custom lengths.

If you are not susceptible to marketing hype designed to appeal to effete, insecure, emotional aspects, you will save enough money to get better speakers, which improvement you will definitely have no problem hearing!!! And that is no bull and is well known to be true. Concentrate on speakers!
DaveLadely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010   #29
Super Member
 
Loves2Watch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost Causes, Mew Nexico
Posts: 153
Default Re: Which speaker cable is best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLadely View Post
Most seem to believe the cable with the coolest sounding name (most impressive seem to be those with cool Greek names) and best marketing promotion, and, after spending a lot of money based on snake oil claims, will insist that he/she can really hear the difference, even denouncing results of double blind testing.
Every double blind test has proven that no one can really hear the difference between decent, non-defective cables and the most expensive cables - which flies in the face of the pretty colors, the very cool names, and the really well done marketing hypem based on marketing, not scientific, research), which seeds to assure the insecure buyer that the more you pay, the bigger the improvement.

I like www.monoprice.com cables just fine, and they are will made. Most of my cables are from www.bluejean.com for two reasons: first, they are available in several colors, which helps me trace the cables, and secondly, they will provide me with custom lengths, for neatness, without having drooping cables all over the equipment. Monoprice does have some colored cables, too, but not custom lengths.

If you are not susceptible to marketing hype designed to appeal to effete, insecure, emotional aspects, you will save enough money to get better speakers, which improvement you will definitely have no problem hearing!!! And that is no bull and is well known to be true. Concentrate on speakers!
Truer words have not been spoken...
__________________
Anthem, Conrad Johnson, Dish Network/JVC, Dynaudio, Infinity, Integra, JL Audio, Klipsch, Magnepan, Marantz, Martin Logan, Onkyo, Oppo, Outlaw Audio, Panasonic, Paradigm, REL, Sumiko, SVSound, and Toshiba are the brands equipment I currently use. I have owned/used and tested equipment made by just about any manufacturer you can name.
Loves2Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010   #30
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 64
Lightbulb Re: Which speaker cable is best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2Watch View Post
Truer words have not been spoken...
Thanks. I forgot to mention that Blue Jean Cable is more expensive than monoprice, and not necessarily 'better" cable, but its reasonably priced. I live not far from them, so I deal directly, and discussed this matter with them, and they do NOT subscribe to the hype, and agree with my assessment. They are honest and give good service. When some opportunists saw they could make insane profits from cables merely by marketing hype appealing to the psyche of many audiophiles, realizing they could make sales pitches that would appeal to this market, they gleefully jumped in and are rolling in money at the expense of their trusting customers. The marketing hype has even pulled the wool over their eyes to the extent that many buy into it so heavily that they will put cable expenditures over those of speakers, for something that is acknowledged even by the hypesters as being very subtle at best (since its actually non-existant), even though they and the customers know very well that there are very great difference in speakers, and an improvement in speakers can be heard by all but the deaf.
dave
DaveLadely is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Tags
100000, audio, audio and video cables, cable, cables, copper, emotiva, forum, forums, joining, money, speaker, speaker cable, whats, wire

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HD On Cable Networks rbinck What's on HDTV? 2 05-15-2013 06:27 AM
Cable filters and if anyone has used one before? NetTalk Off-Topic Posts 3 10-05-2009 06:38 PM
Bad ceiling speaker surround speaker wire i30krab Cables 12 06-28-2008 04:20 AM
signal cable Robinson_A Cables 1 02-15-2008 05:59 PM




SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1