Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Cables

Cables It's all about connections. Discuss everything about audio cables ranging from balanced to unbalanced, speaker cables to interconnects and beyond.

Old 05-21-2008   #43
wes

Cool Re: Dispelling audio myths, the cable lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by i30krab View Post
The wild card in this whole issue is everyone's hearing is different so that the statement,There is no one in the world who can claim that their ears and perception are as unbiased as scientific testing equipment is a two edged sword. What sounds good to one may sound awful to another depending on their auditory acuity.
Agreed thank you even worse than vision, I wish I could see like an eagle
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #44

Default Re: Dispelling audio myths, the cable lie

Well, I guess since Wes and bad_fish rely so much on mathematical equations there is just no need for the high end. Guess companies like Levinson, Krell, Mcintosh, Ayre, Dynaudio, Bryston, Meridian...etc just may as well pack 'er up and call 'er good. Basically they are saying that if a Levinson amp "specs" out the same as an amp/receiver costing 1/10th the price...why buy the Levinson? Math says it won't sound better. If Dynaudio can't build a better speaker than Polk because the math don't say so why buy Dynaudio? It appears that alot of companies will be out of business soon due to "math". Again, the math/science angle is such a cop out. Stop using it as an excuse to cheap out on your systems.

Cables are really no different than the components in your system but to a lesser extent and are VERY relative to the equipment you use. Whether that's an $800 "discrete" receiver or whatever...

Why not go a step further? Why don't you guys use 18g bare wire for your system? I'll bet there is 18g out there somewhere that "specs" out the same as your cheap Canare or Bettercables...

Oh right...you're not "bias" use your ears please.
nedrudrelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008   #45

[QUOTE=wes;15068]What ever all I am saying is that experiences such as travel and friendship are a lot more satisfying than stuff.. so if Stuff makes you happy then have fun.

I'm a huge fan of travel and friendship/family as well. But my system will never suffer for it.

Your system is as only good as it's weakest link. You want to willingly put that link in your system because of math...have at 'er.
Old 05-22-2008   #46

For all the forum members who think they know and understand how the human nervous system responds to outside stimuli, especially sight, sound, and smell in different individuals try this experiment.

Which would you choose for a date?
A sighted person would surely choose the woman over the fish. But what about a blind man with a different interpretation of his senses?

The same goes for cables, if you think their right for you depending on what you see, hear, or smell, go for it but don't criticize others for what they perceive is better due to their own sensory system!

Arguing about cables is as idiotic as this post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg th_amanda-bynes-pics.jpg (5.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg dead-fish-color_~OEN_007C.jpg (26.3 KB, 3 views)
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by i30krab View Post
For all the forum members who think they know and understand how the human nervous system responds to outside stimuli, especially sight, sound, and smell in different individuals try this experiment.

Which would you choose for a date?
A sighted person would surely choose the woman over the fish. But what about a blind man with a different interpretation of his senses?

The same goes for cables, if you think their right for you depending on what you see, hear, or smell, go for it but don't criticize others for what they perceive is better due to their own sensory system!

Arguing about cables is as idiotic as this post.
I'd have to agree that some of these arguments on cables have become pretty asinine.

Not trying to be critical, just helpful. I was once on the "wire is wire" side of the fence but had the ability to see reason when it cam to R&D, quality, the basic overall "change" of sound and fidelity when better cables were applied. Hey, if these guys are happy with cheap wire...good on 'em. If I could help someone get to the next level well, I think that would be great too.

Please try to be a little more mature in your next post. Next forum please...
Old 05-22-2008   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedrudrelyt View Post
Well, I guess since Wes and bad_fish rely so much on mathematical equations there is just no need for the high end. Guess companies like Levinson, Krell, Mcintosh, Ayre, Dynaudio, Bryston, Meridian...etc just may as well pack 'er up and call 'er good. Basically they are saying that if a Levinson amp "specs" out the same as an amp/receiver costing 1/10th the price...why buy the Levinson? Math says it won't sound better. If Dynaudio can't build a better speaker than Polk because the math don't say so why buy Dynaudio? It appears that alot of companies will be out of business soon due to "math". Again, the math/science angle is such a cop out. Stop using it as an excuse to cheap out on your systems.

Cables are really no different than the components in your system but to a lesser extent and are VERY relative to the equipment you use. Whether that's an $800 "discrete" receiver or whatever...

Why not go a step further? Why don't you guys use 18g bare wire for your system? I'll bet there is 18g out there somewhere that "specs" out the same as your cheap Canare or Bettercables...

Oh right...you're not "bias" use your ears please.

That's a complete red herring arguement. Even two amps from the same manufacturer won't spec out the same. You are talking about the difference between a piece of shielded wire and hundreds of electronic components on a circuit board connected together to reproduce sound. Just because two blank pieces of paper are capable of displaying the same information doesn't mean that every book in the world is the same. Paper carries the message, just like wire. The printer actually makes the book, just like components. Don't assume that because I understand the differences in cables that I am trying to "cheap out" on my system. I just understand where the cost is justified.
bad_fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, av, cable, cables, channel, debate, definition, high, lie, limits, multi, myths, range, speaker, video, wire