Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Cables

Cables It's all about connections. Discuss everything about audio cables ranging from balanced to unbalanced, speaker cables to interconnects and beyond.

Old 04-03-2008   #7

Default Re: Bad ceiling speaker surround speaker wire

If you think it is just a defective speaker wire, then I would try to just pull it out, and pull new wire through. You can use fish tape to help pull it.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by i30krab View Post
If I fly you to Vegas, will you rewire it? lol
Doubtful, I am so over that town!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
If you think it is just a defective speaker wire, then I would try to just pull it out, and pull new wire through. You can use fish tape to help pull it.
I originally installed the wire and I looped it around the wall studs and rafters to keep it in place. All the kings horses and all the kings men couldn't pull this wire again!!!!
i30krab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #10

I just remembered I replaced the mounting bracket for my new 60" pioneer kuro plasma 2 months ago. As much as I hated to do this I took down the plasma and the bracket and opened the wall where the wires were running and what do you know, one of the bolts shorted out the speaker wire. Damage was minimal so I taped everything and closed the wall. The weird thing is the wires were damaged 2 months ago but it only started failing last week. Go figure!
Old 04-04-2008   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by i30krab View Post
I just remembered I replaced the mounting bracket for my new 60" pioneer kuro plasma 2 months ago. As much as I hated to do this I took down the plasma and the bracket and opened the wall where the wires were running and what do you know, one of the bolts shorted out the speaker wire. Damage was minimal so I taped everything and closed the wall. The weird thing is the wires were damaged 2 months ago but it only started failing last week. Go figure!
Good to hear it was not possibility 1, 2, 3 or 5. Especially not 1 - things eating your house is always bad.

If you are handy with a soldering iron, that would be the best way to repair it.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpiii View Post
Good to hear it was not possibility 1, 2, 3 or 5. Especially not 1 - things eating your house is always bad.

If you are handy with a soldering iron, that would be the best way to repair it.
Actually just the point of the screw entered between the 2 leads so all I had to do was separate the 2 leads and retape where the insulation was damaged.

By the way I mistakingly mentioned vermin in the walls and ceiling and my wife got upset.lol
Sponsored Links

Tags
89103, audio, bad, baseboard, ceiling, directions, flat, heating, idea, running, speaker, speakers, surround, wire, wiring, working