Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Buy & Sell Used Gear Here

Buy & Sell Used Gear Here Tell other AVRev.com forum users about your AudioGon & Ebay listings. Buyers, beware when purchasing items and use only verified buying services such as Audiogon and eBay to complete purchases. Sellers please remove old posts when your items have sold. AVRevForum is not responsible for items listed on the postings here. Threads will be moderated here before being posted and will automatically expire in 30-days if not removed by the poster.

Old 08-09-2007   #1

Default Martin Logan CLS-The one's that got away

Years ago I was fortunate enough to come across a pair of used Martin Logan CLS II's in the back room of some hi-fi shop. I knew what they were but couldn't believe that A. someone had let them go and B. the owner of the shop wasn't keeping them for himself. Needless to say I bought 'em and enjoyed every second they were in my home. To this day I don't think I've heard a purer speaker in terms of musicality, accuracy and transparency from the lower midrange on up than from a pair of ML CLS'.

After a few years I had to relocate and sadly the CLS' couldn't make the trip. I sold them and ever since I've been looking for another pair. I know they're not the best speakers in the world, but they hold a special place in my heart and I would like to find another pair.

If you or someone you know has a pair of ML CLS (preferably CLS II's or IIz's) in good shape and are willing to part with them please shoot me an e-mail. I live in Southern California and would prefer not to ship the speakers since they are very large and can damage easily. Thanks.

Andrew

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com

Last edited by Robinson_A; 08-13-2007 at 10:36 AM..
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #2

Default Re: Martin Logan CLS-The one's that got away

These might have the best midrange I have ever hear.

Match them with Cello Class-a amps and prepare yourself to be BLOWN away.

Good luck matching a subwoofer. Hire Bob Hodas.
Old 08-13-2007   #3

Smile Re: Martin Logan CLS-The one's that got away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson_A View Post
Years ago I was fortunate enough to come across a pair of used Martin Logan CLS II's in the back room of some hi-fi shop. I knew what they were but couldn't believe that A. someone had let them go and B. the owner of the shop wasn't keeping them for himself. Needless to say I bought 'em and enjoyed every second they were in my home. To this day I don't think I've heard a purer speaker in terms of musicality, accuracy and transparency from the lower midrange on up than from a pair of ML CLS'.

After a few years I had to relocate and sadly the CLS' couldn't make the trip. I sold them and ever since I've been looking for another pair. I know they're not the best speakers in the world, but they hold a special place in my heart and I would like to find another pair.

If you or someone you know has a pair of ML CLS (preferably CLS II's or IIz's) in good shape and are willing to part with them please shoot me an e-mail. I live in Southern California and would prefer not to ship the speakers since they are very large and can damage easily. Thanks.

Andrew
Andrew, I think you best chance of finding CLSes is martinloganowners.com. This site is specific to ownwers of Martin Logan speakers only. Dedicated Martin Logan owners that love their speakers. Someone there should be able to help you.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007   #4

I still morn the sale of my Linn Ikemi CD player, that piece had such smooth mids and solid build, I sold it for all the wrong reasons and just can't bring myself to buy another one now...
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007   #5

I live in southern california with a pair of CLS II's. They have sat for the last 6 years and now im moving. I am putting them on ebay in the next couple of days. If you email me in time we can work out a deal.
guitarzrcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007   #6

I have a pair of Black CLS II's that im selling. Email me and make offer I live in So cal as well.
guitarzrcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
black, buy, cls, ii, iiz, logan, martin, ml, panel, remove, sale, sell, source, speaker, speakers, world