Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 10-29-2007   #19

Default Re: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer needs firmware updates as well....

One would think. Is it also too much trouble to try the disc on the players already on the market before releasing the title? The manufacturers are making players with one standard in mind while the software developers seem to be authoring discs with another standard in mind. Neither seem to be coompatible with each other.
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #20

Default Re: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer needs firmware updates as well....

I couldn't agree more tiger, I am still a hold out for Blu-ray, but every day I get closer and closer to switching sides and being a proponent of HD DVD. Now imagine I have already spent ~$3,100 on Blu-ray and HD DVD players to date. While my HD DVD players may be slower, THEY WORK! Nothing ticks me off more than going to watch a new Blu-ray (FF ROTSS for example) only to find out it doesn't play until I do updates....

My wife is a very tolerant woman who lets me do anything I want with my audio gear, for some reason, she is cursed at working it all even though it is all ran on Harmony remotes with RF relayers so it is almost completely fool proof but that's another story.

Now imagine how it looks when I can't get it to work?
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #21

OK,

Got the firmware update into the Sony BDP-S1... Low and behold it now has load times that would embarrass my HDXA1! No kidding nearly three minutes to load FF ROTSS, better with Spiderman 3, but still ~2 minutes....

Doing the updates on the Samsung BDP-1200 now. It loads faster, but is still pretty slow with FF ROTSS, Spidy 3 is almost normal.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
alba, audio, blu, bluray, fantastic, high, jessica, play, ps3, ray, resolution, rise, silver, similar, stereo, surfer, threads, wont