Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 10-29-2007   #13

Default Re: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer needs firmware updates as well....

Yet another reason I might buy a PS3.....

Bad enough I need to buy a PC laptop to do my firmware updates...
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #14

Default Re: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer needs firmware updates as well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Yet another reason I might buy a PS3.....

Bad enough I need to buy a PC laptop to do my firmware updates...
Why do you need a laptop?
The PS3's have wiFi & the updates can be done that way.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #15

I believe KennyT is referring to the other components he has like the Sony BDP-S1 which makes you download an .exe file (which is corrupted BTW on their website) which extracts into an .ISO. Why they couldn't just have the ISO file to download is beyond me.
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #16

What features of the new discs are causing the players to need updates in the first place? Is it the new copy protection that they are using to TRY to prevent being hacked?
J.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #17

Copy protection differences are one reason. But more commonly, it is the formatting of the software title. BD+ and BD-J are a couple of those formats. Since we are in the "early" stages of the format, nothing works together. I believe that this all comes down to the fact that there is no standard for Blu-ray. There's 1.0, in a couple days there will be 1.1, and then they have already announced 2.0. What? How about we just make all the discs work with all the players? It's not that hard of a concept to grasp. And it surely is not that hard to implement.
tigeraudio2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #18

You would think making the discs backward compatible would be easier than expecting everyone that owns hardware to get upgrades.
J.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
alba, audio, blu, bluray, fantastic, high, jessica, play, ps3, ray, resolution, rise, silver, similar, stereo, surfer, threads, wont