Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 10-28-2007   #7

Default Re: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer needs firmware updates as well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
When did she quit heroin or does she just have that 'junkie look'?

Ken - please go get your eyes checked... there is nothing crackheaded about Megan.
Silver Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #8

Default Re: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer needs firmware updates as well....

My reference was to SMACK not CRACK Jim!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007   #9

I saw it on HD DVD. No player problems but the movie was a total waste of time. I had rather basic expectations. Stuff blowing up and Jessica in a tight suit. Well the explosions were nothing to write home about and JA was just ok. For me the coolest part was the Silver Surfer on that wicked surfboard. Even that wasn't enough to sell me on the movie.

Send it back and save your time.
TracyRainH2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #10

Well, I need to do it to the players anyway, so I'll watch it eventually, problem is my PC (needed to convert the .exe files for the updates) is a total POS! I hate HP PC's, well, PC's in general. I formatted the hard drive and reinstalled the OS from restore disks and then ONLY added the drive for my wireless card and then the card. Damn thing boots up, then when you'd think it's down, shuts down and reboots, and shuts down.... you get the point...
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #11

Unhappy Re: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer needs firmware updates as well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Well, got my copy from Netflix the other day and guess what?

It won't play in EITHER my Sony BDP-S1 or the Samsung BDP-1200, BOTH need firmware updates to play it!!!!! I tell you, every day I grow less enchanted with Blu-ray and am starting to gravitate towards HD DVD. At least the players I have from them WORK!
This is what I`ve been saying kennyt. Sure, as a help and customer service tool, firmware updates have its place. But a simple function like just playing a movie. Should be no problem, no drama. How many movies is that now with Blu-ray? I`m sorry, I agree with Andrew, its a big mess. Uncalled for.
The impending marriage of more computer software and electronics, I don`t know how good this is for the AV industry. Which already, at least in the high end community, is losing its retail stores, but yet wants more market penetration from other main stream customers.

Scenario: Coming home from work, tell your family your buying SPIDEY 3, by chips, soda and wings for the occasion. Get home, family eager to watch, place SPIDEY 3 in your unit. Screen says NEED UPDATE, half hour later, long faces and disappointment, not good.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007   #12

Talking Re: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer needs firmware updates as well....

I have never had a disc refuse to play or do anything other than play correctly, yes I get updates every now & then from Sony on my PS3 & I download them, I'm expecting one tonight & I'm guessing that will take care of any problems with Spidey so when I put it in tomorrow it works with no problems, oh yea I'll also have more functionality than I did before the update.

I'm not going neutral right now because I can only think of a few titles I want to see that I can't get on Blu-Ray right now like Gran Prix (scheduled to be out on Blu-Ray soon) Batman begins & King Kong.
As long as Blu-Ray has more support from the studios I'll wait before getting a HD-DVD player & I will continue to upgrade my firmware when it's offered & continue to have no problems watching movies, & as a plus the next gen video games are simply amazing in HD on my 70" XBR2!!
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
alba, audio, blu, bluray, fantastic, high, jessica, play, ps3, ray, resolution, rise, silver, similar, stereo, surfer, threads, wont