Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 01-26-2010   #1

Default Need to maintain space for DVD movies

Hello Everybody,
I have a collection of DVD movies and would like to store the best movies in my computer but since they take up large space I am looking for a good DVD ripper. I know there are many available but would like to take your advice in getting a good one.
Hope you all would provide your suggestions.
oposky2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010   #2
Administrator

Default Re: Need to maintain space for DVD movies

First ripping DVDs is considered illegal even if it is for your own use according to the Digital Copy protection legislation in the USA. An alternative would be to use an analog recording. I use the Hauppauge 1212 HD-PVR Video Capture device by playing the DVD out of one PC to the 1212 on another PC. This could be from a DVD player to the 1212 as well. Audio can be hooked up digital optical for 5.1 surround sound. There is no perceivable difference in quality.

I've only done a few SD DVDs as most of my movies are recorded from my DVR in HD.

Going the analog route gets around the digital copy law and also produces a smaller file than the storage space used for the whole DVD. I don't get all of the menus and extras unless I record them separately, but I get the movie itself and for me that is all I usually want.

The best part for me is it is completely legal.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010   #3

thanks, it helps me a lot
oposky2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010   #4

Thanks to arbinck and oposky2006 both. I also want to know the trick. Oposky 2006 i like to suggest you don't store many BIG FILE to your PC it will degrade your processing speed. Why not watching them by your DVD writer or COMBO drive ? This just a suggestion you may not take it or not your choice. Bye.
Luchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010   #5

I love the tips of rbinck . I also gave a suggestion here no to store huge file in HDD. But not posted here . Ok thanks rbinck.
Old 07-22-2010   #6

Talking Re: Need to maintain space for DVD movies

DVD'S shouldn't take up too much soace if you put them in DVD cases (pouches) sold in most stores.Then you get rid of the plastic casings that used to hold them.
xsavoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
1212, alternative, analog, copy, dvd, dvdmovies, dvdmoviescom, fordvd, good, hauppauge, movies, racks, software, use, video