Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 08-08-2007   #1

Default Disney classics in the future?

With Ratatouille and Cars in the pipeline, I'm hoping Disney will release some of it's classics in the format, especially if they are mirrors of their standard DVD releases as far as extras...though I could do without the games, truth be told.

There's definitely one way to goose the Blu-ray Disney sales: release recent titles that are currently on moratorium for Blu-ray only, like The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast...
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007   #2

Default Re: Disney classics in the future?

This is what we all are hoping for, and what was missing on SACD and DVD-A.

Software!!!

Bring out all the good old classics and I will own them on some high def format.... leave me SH$T like Beerfest and I will abort the mission!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007   #3

Classics are definitely on the way. Already word has been leaking that Sleeping Beauty might launch on Blu-ray Disc in 2007/8. Disney has been the LEADER in AV qualtity on Blu-ray Disc (providing lossless PCM audio on all releases, often in 24-bit resolution) and using high-bit-rate AVC for video compression. I'm sure they'll do right with their classics.
DaViD Boulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007   #4

I already ordered Bader Santa......
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007   #5

[QUOTE=Darren;1796]With Ratatouille and Cars in the pipeline, I'm hoping Disney will release some of it's classics in the format, especially if they are mirrors of their standard DVD releases as far as extras...though I could do without the games, truth be told.

------

Daren,

I agree. If Disney wants to make a statment about their support for the BR format then speak with the top titles. Bundle them for the holidays and get players priced where people can buy them as gifts. $1,000 per player (which has been the asking price) is for idiots like us (early adopters). The rest of the world that buys 2,000,000 HDTVs a month need cheaper players and with the right software - the sales will follow.
Sponsored Links

Tags
blu, bluray, classic, classics, date, dates, disney, future, king, lion, ray, release, releases