Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Blu-ray Software (http://www.avrev.com/forum/blu-ray-software-49/)
-   -   The best Blu-ray player software to use? (http://www.avrev.com/forum/blu-ray-software/4284-best-blu-ray-player-software-use.html)

bluueyee 12-01-2009 11:43 PM

The best Blu-ray player software to use?

Hey
I have a built in Blu-ray player that came with my HP, with Vista. Now I have Windows 7 and today was the first day I have gone to use the Blu-ray player in a bit. I went to watch the new version of Fight Club and it has turned into a no go. What do I do? I've heard I would need software to play it and a bunch of other junk. What's the truth?Thanks in advance.

rbinck 12-02-2009 06:29 AM

Re: The best Blu-ray player software to use?

I use PowerDVD v8 and so far it has played every Blu-ray I've tried. It's not free, so that's probably why it works.

I'd give HP a call or email and ask them about this situation.

BillD 12-03-2009 04:30 PM

Yeah, what HP probably sent you most likely got wiped out with the installation of Windows 7. I have an HP connected to my central HT setup, and it annoys me why they couldn't leave well enough alone so I could use standard Windows stuff without them standing in the middle.

jhooper 12-10-2009 12:05 PM

I use PowerDVD version 9. I tried the trial version and was sold on it afterward. It supports virtually all types of HD video (AVCHD, AVCREC, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), MPEG-2 HD and WMV-HD ) and it also up converts standard def discs. One really cool but kind of silly feature is the ability to remix movies and record your own soundtracks, you can even replace subtitles with your own text (actually, that's kinda fun). That new version of Fight Club is killer, but don't be surprised by what menu appears on your screen after loading it ;)

rbinck 12-10-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhooper (Post 23404)
I use PowerDVD version 9. I tried the trial version and was sold on it afterward. It supports virtually all types of HD video (AVCHD, AVCREC, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), MPEG-2 HD and WMV-HD ) and it also up converts standard def discs. One really cool but kind of silly feature is the ability to remix movies and record your own soundtracks, you can even replace subtitles with your own text (actually, that's kinda fun). That new version of Fight Club is killer, but don't be surprised by what menu appears on your screen after loading it ;)

Curious why do you have recommended PowerDVD in your post, but have Arcsoft spam in your signature?

Signature spam is not allowed, btw.

uuuuuu123 03-02-2010 10:26 PM

I'm also using PowerDVD9I get it when I bought this NB but it works good for me. I'm enjoying whtching films on my laptop. You can try thisand may be you will like it.