Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Everything HDTV, High-end Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray and beyond > Blu-ray Software

Blu-ray Software Keep up with the latest Blu-ray movie releases.

Old 08-04-2009   #1

Default 12 Rounds

I received the Blu-Ray movie 12 Rounds from Netflix a few days ago and while the previews played just fine, neither the Theatrical Version nor the Unrated Version would play on my Oppo. I sent the disc back and requested another.

I just received the replacement and again the previews played but not the movie.

I then connected my Pioneer BDP 05FD and produced the same results. The previews played but not the movie.

These are two pretty decent players so I strongly suspect the discs were defective; however, it would be unusual for two separate discs to have the same problem.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue on this movie?

Last edited by ChiefTK; 08-04-2009 at 07:11 PM..
ChiefTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009   #2
wes

Default Re: 12 Rounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefTK View Post
I received the Blu-Ray movie 12 Rounds from Netflix a few days ago and while the previews played just fine, neither the Theatrical Version nor the Unrated Version would play on my Oppo. I sent the disc back and requested another.
I just received the replacement and again the previews played but not the movie. I then connected my Pioneer BDP 05FD and produced the same results. The previews played but not the movie. These are two pretty decent players so I strongly suspect the discs were defective; however, it would be unusual for two separate discs to have the same problem.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue on this movie?
Yes, Oppo has a software fix, the studio are stupid they keep changing the encoding to prevent theft but the hackers could care less it is consumers that pay the price.

12 Rounds is a real "navet" don't bother
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009   #3

Default Re: 12 Rounds

I just watched this disc today and noticed that the authoring was poor as well. The disc refused to return to the main menu after the movie credits (as well as the gag reel). I thought I would have poor remarks about this Blu-ray but I didn't think it would be in reference to the authoring.
JustSayKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
05fd, 12, bdp05, blu, bluray, issues, movie, oppo, pioneer, playing, problem, problems, quote, ray, rounds